main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Internet speed

Just renewed my SF2 contract... Hopefully with slightly faster speed!

2: Seeker

When I first moved to Vodafone I got a speed estimate of 50mbps - 63mbps with an OpenReach minimum of 39.8mbps.

During the first 12-15 months of the contract the speed fluctuated quite a lot between 49mbps & 60mbps. I was fine with that, but then the last few months it's quite consistently been around 42mbps.

Now my renewal is due I decided to look around to see if I could get more speed somehow. I checked on Vodafone again using the postcode, landline checker and it states I can now get between 52mbps & 73mbps with an OpenReach minimum of 47mbps!

Not sure how long that speed has been available for, but I'm definitely not getting that currently, which means either there's a fault on the line or OpenReach/Vodafone reserve the speed increase for new customers! If that's the case, that's a ridiculous way to treat existing customers. If the min guaranteed speed is improved by OpenReach during the length of a contract, that increase should be passed onto the customer, it would definitely ensure loyalty.

Anyway, I've renewed with the new guaranteed speed at £23/mo with the updated router and a 14 day cooling off period. I just wanted to let others know that this also might have happened to your speed too.

View more options