cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Looking speeds I noticed that my neighbours have better possible speeds than me?

lifeofbrian
3: Seeker

I am in the process of buying a house and was looking at broadband speeds, while doing this I noticed that my neighbours on both sides of me have faster speeds? This is a row of terraced houses outside of a village. Why is this, and can it be rectified.

net1.jpgnet2.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

lifeofbrian

BT check

12.jpg16.jpg

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Unfortunately it's unlikely your pictures will be moderated before Monday.

If you can explain how you are coming to that conclusion, we may have some suggestions, but probably best to wait until we can see the images.

Jayach

Your pictures have now been moderated, (sooner than I expected)

The BT/Openreach checker figures are not that different, but I cant really explain the Vodafone estimates (and they are only estimates). I would surmise they they don't have good figures for for that address and so are erring on the low side.

Also the BT/Openreach checker is using the address, and that is not as reliable as a phone number check.

BT Broadband (btwholesale.com) If you have the phone number for the current residents, try using that for a better comparison.

This is what Vodafone says I can expect for my address

Jayach_0-1655601736342.png

But I've actually got a sync of 80/20, so you can see they are conservative with their estimates.

Jayach_1-1655601941542.png

Jayach_2-1655601953246.png

You could also see what a few of the other ISP's say you can get for comparison. (bearing in mind they all use the same Openreach lines, so in actuality the speeds will be very similar)

Good luck with your move.