Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Minimum speed guarantee

Stobbart
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, 

I’ve just had my fibre activated. On the website when you sign up to Superfast 2 it states you will get a minimum speed of 55mbps. The letter I received before I had my fibre activated states my minimum speed is 39.81mbps? Why is there this difference? Am I entitled to the discount since it is not at the 55mbps that is advertised on the website or is their a clause saying it could be lower that this?? 

Many thanks! 

22 REPLIES 22

On the website it says there is a redemption button appears?

E129CFE8-8CA7-4CF4-ADA3-4BD47DEF75F9.png

Update: Now just through 10 days, synced at 72mbps and getting a real world 70! Still drops to about 50mbps during the evening due to contention but overall v happy. Certainly as quick as PlusNet. 

So here is my problem. I switched my home phone and Broadband to Vodafone from BT earlier this year. Generally happy with the service for a third of the price I was being stiffed for by BT but....

My promised 14Mbps has dropped to an average of around 9Mbps over the last couple of months. This had nothing whatsoever to do with contention - there are only three houses on our stretch of fibre and two of them don't have broadband!

The reason I have fixed line phone and broadband is because I have no Vodafone coverage where I live. I say no coverage....I get 2G which is fine for the occasional text or phone call. And my mobile is a bought and paid for 'feature phone'. I just need a phone when working away that lasts 14 days on a single charge and makes calls and sends and receive texts.

Bottom line, I don't have a smartphone and have no use for a smartphone...email and everything internet-related I do on the computer connected to the fixed line broadband.

So why then, is the only way to compare my service against the promise and claim any refund due restricted to an app for a smartphone? If I had a smartphone and Vodafone provided 3G or 4G in my area, I wouldn't need a landline or broadband!

Users getting below par service who have a computer on broadband but no smartphone...how are we supposed to monitor our service levels and claim the refund that Vodafone guarantee us?!

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I agree, if you are entitled to the reduction you should be able to claim it through your account.

However if you were told you would only get 14 Mbs on Superfast 1  perhaps they should have given you the discount from the start.

14Mbps is around 2Mbps more than I ever got with BT.  I'm around four miles from the cabinet so 14Mbps is actually amazingly good for round here.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@retrotecchie Hey! Do you have a laptop or tablet that you can download the Vodafone Broadband app onto?

Sure...I have any number of laptops and tablets, but the problem is, they are all Windows. There isn't an app for Windows...just Android or Apple.

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

@retrotecchie In this case, please contact our social media team with the link to this thread. We may be able to manually add this discount for you if you're unable to add it yourself via the app, if we're not able to meet your minimum speed guarantees 

Ok....I have now acquired a 'smart phone'. When I try to download the My Vodafone App, it tells me it is 'not compatible with my device'. I'm trying to download the Android version onto an Android phone from the Play Store  - phone connected to wifi ok and my Google account works on the phone ok, but the app will not install.

How do I get the Android app onto this phone?!!

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @retrotecchie, that's odd! Can I ask what the make and model of the device is?