Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Phone Speed 3x Faster Than My Pc Speed

Richard-S
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Guys,

I just received my R219h router with the unlimited MAX plan and i have a weird issue.

I have plugged the router directly into my PC and did multiple speed tests getting about 8-10 mbps which is terrible but that isnt really the issue i want to raise at this point. I have connected my phone through WiFi to the same router and did a speed test and got results on average 3x the speed my computer is getting which the router is directly plugged into.

Can anyone suggest why this is happening ?

Before anyone asks ill note the following

-I have used Vodafones network status checker put in my post code and i am in one of the strongest locations for 4G

-I have logged into the router through the web browser and i have 5/5 signal strength 

Cheers,

Richard

3 REPLIES 3

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

That's strange @Richard-S - do you have another device you can test the ethernet cable in to see if you're getting the same wired speeds? Do you have another ethernet cable to can use or borrow to see if this improves your speeds?

Hi Tash,

It is a mobile 4g router it only have a USB connection, both wireless and when it its directly connected to my PC results in pretty much the same speeds.

Also done another test which i can replicate most of the time is my 4g connection on my phone which isnt with vodafone i can get 25 Mbps with 2 bars of signal and my 4g router with full connection only gets 10-14 MAX Mbps

Cheers,

Can you pop your full postcode in our Network Status Checker here ? This will let you see if there is any work going on in the area that may affect the service. 

Let us know what the results are 😊