main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

My speedtest is showing way slower than my download speed test on steam

SOLVED
View solved solution
3: Seeker

Hi

I have 76mbps broadband when I run a speedtest from speedtest.net it is showing 13mbps DL and about 17mbps UL. 

When I download from steam it does it at 60mbps (6MB/s) but when I do it on origin it shows 1.3MB/s which is the same as my speed test .

I done a labs2think speed test now that has 4 sections. On the first one it shows 13mbps then the second one can go up to about 40mbps . Labs2think test won't even work on my phone at all. 

There is something wrong with this internet. I had bother when I first moved in with the same thing with Vodafone. A technician rang me and back said there was something wrong with my line. Sent an engineer out and it was all sorted. Now I'm back to square one. is there anything I can do at my end?  I just want to download my games fast from origin on my wired connection pc .

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I sorted it out. I changed my micro filter and it's all working ok again. I could hear the router quietly hissing when it had the disgusting filter in. Since I have changed it. It's been bang on again XD 

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Try changing to the BT Lancs server manually on speedtest. If you then get full speeds it rules out any local issues. The best you can do is try a VPN and see if that helps or hope VF fix this (don't hold your breath). Check out all the other threads about throttling on here for more details.

View more options

I sorted it out. I changed my micro filter and it's all working ok again. I could hear the router quietly hissing when it had the disgusting filter in. Since I have changed it. It's been bang on again XD 

View more options

Great news @DrGashingtons 👍

We we're trying to diagnose a broadband fault, we always start at the home end of the circuit first, and work back the way. It's crazy how a little filter can have so much impact.

I'm glad you've sorted it out.

Blair

View more options