Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New costomer - less than 24 hours in and really poor service provided

davidm15
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

This is my 2nd ISP live at my property, my other using 4g can drop packets and occasional be irritating

So I decided on Vodafone for a stable and low latency experience.

This is how things look for me right now

£17 pm for this 3 4g service

three-isp.jpg

£25 pm for this Vodafone VDSL service

vodaphone-isp.jpg 

Yeah thanks for making feel like a fool Vodafone, how many hoops do I have to jump though to get something decent.  

EDIT: I don't know why but the images are being blocked, they were speedtest screenshots showing

• 3 ISP:   47ms  /  53.56 Mbps down   /   32.02 Mbps up
  • Vodafone ISP:     52ms   /    2.05 Mbps down   /   2.82 Mbps up
7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @davidm15 

A new connection can take from 10 days upto 30 day's in extreme case's to fully settle.

Some help in Broadband-and-Home-Phone-FAQs. 

The dedicated Vodafone Broadband Team contact number is in the link too.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries would be able to help you further with this situation.

I'd suggest to use Twitter and link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself again. 

Your attachments need to be moderated which is the case for new members.

I'll fix that for you now so your images show.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for fixing the images, rebooting the router brought the speeds back to adequate numbers and for me more importantly the latency down.

For anyone reading this, although the 3 ISP looks fantastic, it is not good for gamers (various reports on the internet can be found) and I have experienced the occasional issues with wfh over vpn.

Back to vodafone, I could not get the mobile app to pair, I reset the router so all passwords would reset and attempted to scan the code but the app kept returning to the first select your router type screen, trying to manually pair the app took me to the wifi sid list, selecting the already connected vodafone wifi doesn't seem to do anything. Could not get it to work.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @davidm15 

If things don't improve between 10 days and 30 days as I mentioned in the first reply then the Vodafone Broadband Team can look at this for you.

I appreciate what your saying as speeds are a vital part when gaming.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Do you have a WPS button to press for 1 second to enable pairing?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd probably have been suggesting checking the OpenReach xDSL checker just to see if it's even been set up as VDSL and is not ADSL at those speeds.  However, the checker does not seem to be working at the moment!

I was just following the instructions in the vodafone app, it wants to scan the QR code on the bottom of the router, I reset the router to help that process but it didn't help enough.

As pointed out in this thread, I will wait and see how the speed settles, so connecting the app isn't much of a concern right now.

AnnS

Hi @davidm15 

The first 10 days of your new connection are for stabilising the connection.  During this time it is normal to notice the router communicating with the exchange disconnecting and reconnecting to establish the fastest speed for your connection, it it best to leave the router and not to reboot during this period. As well as managing your account from the Broadband Application on this link  you can check your speed.

There is further help available from You Tube videos for optimising your speed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEuEIQOpvuA