Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New line - awful evening speed

tcleeds
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

This is my 2nd night as a Vodafone broadband customer. During the day my line functions as expected, speeds are good and I am able to use the internet as I would expect.

Last night and tonight after around 6pm the line is unusuable. I am unable to stream video, and downloads are ridiculously slow.

I am aware that the line can take a bit of time to settle but to drop from 60+Mbps down to the 0-7Mbps range after 6pm both nights can not be normal. I am even experiencing better speeds when tethering from my HSDPA phone.

I have browsed the forum and can see that I am not alone on this one and I would like leave the service now before it is too late, unless Vodafone can do/say something to make me stay.

Please may someone give me some advice/guidance on what to say when I call up? I don't want to waste my evenings to-ing and fro-ing between support engineers, rebooting my router, changing ethernet cables etc when there is nothing wrong withmy set up until the clock strikes 6.

Thanks in advance.

34 REPLIES 34

deltafx
4: Newbie

leave before it's too late really you will regret it if you stay 

I would contact vodafone explaining that you wish to terminate your broadband within the 30-day period.

The issues that many (including myself) have are not going to be resolved quickly.

To save yourself having to go through one hoop after another with vodafone support as deltafx posted leave now is probably your best option.

Others in the forums have moved to BT, Plusnet and Zen to name a few and the issues with slow speeds, streaming and other issues were instantly resolved. In some cases with the exact same router and other peripherals they were using while they were with vodafone.

BT have this current deal on as an example - I am not sure how the prices compare to your current deal with vodafone.

Get Superfast Fibre and your choice of tech worth up to £179 – an Amazon Echo, Fitbit Charge 3 or Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1. Plus a Reward Card worth up to £120. 

Deal ends 14 March.

I didn't link the website as it will probably go against forum rules - a google search you should find it easy enough.

Good luck with whatever you decide :Thumbs_Up:

Run away.

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @tcleeds

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing poor speeds after 6pm. As I'm sure you've seen on the other threads, the issue has been identified and updates to fix it are currently being rolled out. 

I can't give any definitive timeframe on when the fix will hit your area, but it'll all be completed within the next 2 weeks.  

Thanks for your patience as I understand it'll be frustrated when you've only just taken out the contract, but rest assured you'll be back to your expected speeds soon! 

In the meantime, let us know if there's anything we can help with! 

then it will be too late to leave then they will have your money for 18 mth and won't fix anything I have had 7mths of this.

Phil has said that but then messaged me after saying he will check that my issues is actually the issue he is talking about. Doesn't fill me with confidence. 

Start the process of moving to another provider.  i.e. sign up to another provider and tell Vodafone they will be taking over your service.

This will take at least 2 weeks from the time you sign up.  If everything improves stay if you'd prefer.

I wouldn't but its your choice.  The issues that are being fixed will not fix the contention issues that you will also suffer (too many people on the connection back bone).

Will I stay active on Vodafone until my BT line goes live?

I'll see what Phil comes back with tomorrow and make a decision.