Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New line - awful evening speed

tcleeds
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

This is my 2nd night as a Vodafone broadband customer. During the day my line functions as expected, speeds are good and I am able to use the internet as I would expect.

Last night and tonight after around 6pm the line is unusuable. I am unable to stream video, and downloads are ridiculously slow.

I am aware that the line can take a bit of time to settle but to drop from 60+Mbps down to the 0-7Mbps range after 6pm both nights can not be normal. I am even experiencing better speeds when tethering from my HSDPA phone.

I have browsed the forum and can see that I am not alone on this one and I would like leave the service now before it is too late, unless Vodafone can do/say something to make me stay.

Please may someone give me some advice/guidance on what to say when I call up? I don't want to waste my evenings to-ing and fro-ing between support engineers, rebooting my router, changing ethernet cables etc when there is nothing wrong withmy set up until the clock strikes 6.

Thanks in advance.

34 REPLIES 34

I have gone live with BT.  First thing I must say is that the speed over 2.5ghz wireless with the BT home hub  is double the speed I was ever getting using the Vodafone router.

The router seems to be far superiour. I've already set up my home network in a way I prefer.

Download speeds are hoverring around the mid to late 50s at the minute, will see how it holds up over the course of the day.

Switching was a great idea. Been solid all day.

The cheeky sods at vodafone have today sent me an email though saying I have been terminated for owing them £20!

@tcleeds wrote:

Switching was a great idea. Been solid all day.

The cheeky sods at vodafone have today sent me an email though saying I have been terminated for owing them £20!

Better pay VF before they damaged credit rating.  ItIis what VF  does.  Then go to police and log crime offence under Money Extortion. Because they demand money in exchange don't damage your reputation

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

One of our team will be happy to take a closer look into this charge for you @tcleeds. If you'd like us to investigate further, I've sent you a private message over with details on how to get in touch directly.

iRED
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Run...run while you can. I switched from BT to Vodafone, now switched back... 

Vodafone:

BT: