cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Non-existent download speed, high upload speed, please help!

ldfairbairn
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since Tuesday evening we have not had a usable internet connection at home.

Speed tests performed from my phone over WiFi reveal a download speed of 0.05 and an upload speed of 18.6mbps.  A speed test performed from our Xbox over Ethernet produced a 0.00mbps download speed and 18mbps upload speed.  Yet, in the router settings, the sync speed is a normal almost 80mbps.

I have reset the router, changed the WiFi bandwidth, changed the WiFi channel and repeated speed tests using WiFi and cabled devices, with WiFi enabled/disabled, Ethernet devices connected/disconnected, and with different devices used across the family, the results are always the same.  I have also changed the micro filter and internet cable which has made no difference.

In the router's event log there are a large number of errors which are added to continuously, I have attached a screenshot.

I have had several calls with tech support over the last 24 hours and they cannot see any faults on the router, our line, or in the area.  On the last call, I was asked to dismantle our phone socket to find the test port and connect through that, but unfortunately my phone socket does not have a test port.

I have attached screenshots of one speed test and two of the event log.

Please help!

Lewis

62 REPLIES 62

SandraP
4: Newbie

I have the exact same issue since Wednesday morning, and had multiple discussions with vodafone, but they always want to push it back on me with no real help. Did the same restarted, changed channels ( to be told that it will take hours for them to actual update to optimum speed). There is no speed,  average 36 kbps on package superfast 2 minimum download to expect as per contract 25 mbps. 

I have a call yet to receive tomorrow ##~## call our is another lie. The next step is to contact my MP to see how fairy he thinks this service is, given they blame covid, but the same issue is ongoing on their forum for years. 

My service returned this evening.  Hopefully it will stay now.  Curious to know if anyone in the PE28 area has been experiencing the same issues and whether or not they are also resolved?

Following your message I tested my speed and now is 50 Mbps download. Huge difference. I hope it lasts.

After 3 days on the phone with hours of waiting to get through, and always taking it from 0 with no case raised on previous days. With a complaint raised just to find today that it was closed with no resolution. 

I am happy to have the speed back (PE7) but will be holding my complaint and expect at least the last 3 days deducted from my pay.

It was pure hell with all the unprofessionalism and miss communication, more so after finding today that they did have works in the area. They need to be more honest with the customer and stop treating us like stupid, faking all sorts of tests when they know that the issue sits with them. 

Good luck with your experience with them. I am just at te beginning of my first, will see if last, 18 months contract.

Hope I do not have to bother finishing and sending the email to the MP.

I have been a Voda broadband customer for several years and service has always been flawless, the issues experienced over the last few days are the second time in a month, though.

Whatever the cause, it is really poor customer service and lessons do need to be learned.

I wish you well progressing your complaint and hope the service you receive in the future is much better.

PE29 here. Issue resolved this morning but I was in bed earlier.

I had the issue for long time now and had no response to date or able to contact support!!!

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm glad that everyones seems to be up and running correctly again! If you're still experiencing issues @ahhmedt, please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK

As you can imagine, we're a little busier than usual the moment; we'll do everything we can to help though. Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

Please check Facebook message. I have sent the request information 

Exactly the same for me , so I am moving providers , can't see how the guarantee works either as they cite the sync speed as the trigger , anyway 10 days to go