cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Non-existent download speed, high upload speed, please help!

ldfairbairn
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since Tuesday evening we have not had a usable internet connection at home.

Speed tests performed from my phone over WiFi reveal a download speed of 0.05 and an upload speed of 18.6mbps.  A speed test performed from our Xbox over Ethernet produced a 0.00mbps download speed and 18mbps upload speed.  Yet, in the router settings, the sync speed is a normal almost 80mbps.

I have reset the router, changed the WiFi bandwidth, changed the WiFi channel and repeated speed tests using WiFi and cabled devices, with WiFi enabled/disabled, Ethernet devices connected/disconnected, and with different devices used across the family, the results are always the same.  I have also changed the micro filter and internet cable which has made no difference.

In the router's event log there are a large number of errors which are added to continuously, I have attached a screenshot.

I have had several calls with tech support over the last 24 hours and they cannot see any faults on the router, our line, or in the area.  On the last call, I was asked to dismantle our phone socket to find the test port and connect through that, but unfortunately my phone socket does not have a test port.

I have attached screenshots of one speed test and two of the event log.

Please help!

Lewis

62 REPLIES 62

Dabbs
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @GJDUG, I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed with your broadband connection. We'd love the chance to turn your experience around. 

Please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

Dave0
4: Newbie

I am having the exact same issue as everyone else on here. I frist had the issue at the begiining of March and it resolved itself after 2 days. The same has occured over the last 2 days.

I have now been told it is a wifi issue (I have my own wifi hub) and had an apology for the previous 5 agents who should have nown this. As ever the apology was as genuine as hte agrent could manage.

As I hav eno wired connections (the last one I had was in 2014) I am now on my own,

This is appalling.

What are the chances that the obligatory text message asking how good the service was does not arrive.

I cannot wait for this contract to end given the downtime and lack of support.

Back again with the same issue so this is the fourth time this has happened. I am being told this will be fixed by the end of the month (I did ask and they do mean July).

So how much of this am I expected to put up with this before I can legally cancel my contract. I spent another 90min on the phone this morning but have no faith in this being resolved.

I am in the same situation, PE7. Started the contract infeb and this is the 4th time for me to that download is 0.17 mbps for the 36 mbps guaranteed.

All 3 previous times ended up to be an outage, I am expecting now to be the same. 

The more I complaint the better the customer service get, but it is so stressful when it happens. 

Tests are being done and I am waiting for a call back in an hour. I am ready to wall out, but where do I go. Read review on other networks and all have bad reviews on speed. Was before with Sky and talktalk with no issue but on lower speed package. Virgin seem to guarantee the speed on the room with am engineer visit and daily speed monitoring. But not sure if to believe they are reliable. 

Hi all, never posted before but the frustration is killing me! Im in PE7 and have had the wonderful time with Vodafone on their 2 song hold music for multiple hours. Today is our 6th time of the internet going down since March. I too have had to go through the rigmarole of removing bookshelves to access the master BT socket to prove that nothing is wrong!!!! Even having to go on a video call to second line support all to prove the same issue. Each time they 'test the line' they say nothing is wrong! The Vodafone app tells me that 'good news your are above our minimum speed ... 76Mbs' This is rubbish as speedtest.net states 0.01Mbs (i used to get faster than that 15 years ago) multiple routers filling my garage from them. Customer service are always apologetic 'and fully understand your frustration'. However this is beyond a joke my wife and I are key workers and this is just not good enough. I want to speak to a Manager or someone with some kind of authority, but they wont let you, it is terrible service. My phone exchange is within half a mile of my house and the FTTC is in the next street. Cant wait for Virgin to come into my street and get FTTH. AAAAAGGGGGG!

I am a mass of stress as this issue has happened to me on too many occasions now, It appears that since lockdown my broadband too wants to social distance itself from me!!! I have those two same songs haunting me in my sleep and I awake to screaming people in my house trying to log on to work from home and there is yet again 0.001 mbps download speed and 36mbps upload.  Its groundhog day again... Always on a Friday and once per month since lockdown.  I have spent appx 10 working days now being unable to work and one more day and I will get the sack from my employer, Will Vodafone pay compensation... no, can you speak to a manager...no, can it stop... probably no. But funny that when they send someone to the box on a Monday after leaving us with no broadband all weekend it then works again, who has these magic fingers and what are they doing in my box, and can they create a cure for COVID so I can get back to my office and work with a broadband that doesn't let me down!!!!!

After the call in the morning got no call back as promised. Called again the line and booked a callback. When called back a new agent was on the line and there was no record of my discussions earlier. They wanted me to take them through the whole thing again, and this had been the case on previous occasions, it happens once a month. I asked to be passed through to the complaints line, and had to look the number up for myself on their Web page, they did not have it and could not transfer. Bunch of continous lies. The agent mentioned he will kindly mark the account with complaint. On what I wonder if there are no notes recorded from previous discussions. Called the complaints line to end my contract, they passed me through the Broadband team who wanted me to cancel and pay the remaimder of the contract. With all previous outages I have not paid yet a penny since the contract started in Feb this year. So why would I pay for the rest of it? I was then passed to first line TECHNICAL team with the case opened to sort in 48 hours or the contract will automatically cancel with no fee. I have no speed still. Will have to wait until Sunday and if it is still not working to call the second line TECHNICAL team with the case code. I hope they do not fix so I can have this done with and try my luck with another provider, virgin sounds promising for PE7. If they do fix it I will need to go through this again in one months time? Until when... I will on Monday though complain for a Credit for all the hassel, one day of work which jeoperdises my job, and them not allowing me to end this hassel free.

I too am in the PE7 area and as of about 9 ish this morning my Superfast 2 despite a 70.3M down sync speed is giving me 16-100Kbps. This same thing happened exactly 4 weeks ago and that lasted most of the day.

Today it is still slow now - so it is actually good to hear that other people in this area also have this issue.

I have called tech support twice today with about an hour on each call. After checking my sync speeds and saying thats good - now can you go to speedtest.net - my reply is speedtest.net doesn't load as it takes soo long it gives up and times out. fast.com works and shows me that I have the low download speed - yet 19.8 ish Mbps upload speed.

I switched from Sky in March and after three weeks with no connection or phone (thanks to Vodafone cancelling my sky connection before they were ready to switch over) this is the second loss of connection.

I will keep an eye on this page to see if other peoples connection issues get sorted soon. I see no mention of vodafone network issues in this area.

Thanks

Bruce

My Broadband is still down / slow today - can I ask the other people in the PE7 post code roughly where you are. I live in Yaxley so PE73 . I don't know if this is a wide area issue or if all three of us are connected to the same street cabinet.

Thanks

Bruce

Hi, 

My Internet is still not working, speed is to low.

Location is PE7 3 Yaxley.