Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Peak time Speeds

Yorkie0362
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So today Nick Jeffreys emails us, reminding us how much money has been spent on the network and how much extra capacity has been added.  Where ?  Vodafone you need to listen to what people are saying.  There is a serious issue at peak time between 1600 and 2300 every day.  My speeds during the day are great 40Mbps, after 1800 virtually unusable at 100Kbps.  I can't get hold of support, 3 times now I have queued for over an hour.  I have a number of local people on facebook with the same issue, coupled with the people nationally reporting the same.  My Sky connection into the same cabinet and exchange is NOT having a problem.  Vodafone, you have a central capacity issue that you need to deal with.  The only means of contact I could find yesterday was the complaints form, so I gave you 30 days from yesterday to resolve this, or cancel my contract penalty free.

I also responded directly to Mr. Jeffreys today to air my view, as his email felt like he was rubbing salt into all of our wounds.  Also, please don't tell me it's a wifi channel issue, you know that's just something IT people say to get rid of tickets quickly.  I'm connected via ethernet to the VF router in the master socket and have isolated all other devices.

15 REPLIES 15

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Apologies if you struggled to get in touch @Yorkie0362, we've been a little busier than usual over the last week. 

One of our team will be happy to access your account and take a closer look into this for you. Find out how to get in touch here.

I've had contact now after raising it with your CEO's office.  Funnily enough speeds improved same day, I am closely monitoring it and have a named contact now I will moan at if it's continues.

Spoke to soon,

Tonight I'm back to getting 0.13Mbps download

Hi,

I'm getting exactly the same issue... Internet speed is dropping significantly at the evenings. I can't event get 2Mbps on the WIRED connection!

Had this issue few days ago and it got fixed by advisor over the chat. Now it is back again so I'm very unhappy as we can't use internet when we needed most!

Unfortunately there is no option to get contact support via chat or even the phone now!

So we have been left with no help at all. I have switched to Vodafone from Sky hoping my internet and customer support will imporove but looks like that is not the case. 

Can someone from vodafone conact us and fix this speed issue but this time for good please?

I have a whole community of people on facebook around Peterborough who are having the same issue and all feeling frustrated at the lack of any support.

I even tried Twitter last week and a week later they respond really helpfully linking me back to the glowing CEO message about added capacity.

Hi, 

Also seeing the same issues in Hampton, Peterborough. Others on the local Facebook group all confirm it is a Vodafone issue and other ISPs are not affected. I have a 1Gbps capable laptop connected directly to the router via ethernet and getting less than 1Mbps!  I have an open complaint and received an email today telling me how to change the WiFi channels! This is affecting a wired connection.

I understand that there is going to be some increased load on the network at these times but I am unable to do anything on the Internet currently (using mobile data to post this). I am living alone and self isolating. Without Internet to keep in touch with friends and family it is getting very stressful. 

Please do everything you can to resolve this. It was fine for a couple of days (Saturday / Sunday) but otherwise the last week has been pathetic. To repeat it is clear from speed test results from local people that this is specifically a Vodafone issue! This is not a WiFi channel issue. 

FYI your downstream figure given in the router and the app seems to be hard coded as it never changes! 

and once again tonight without any gradual increase, pings improve, jitter disappears, packet loss better and speed goes within a few seconds from under 1meg to 40 meg download.  This is not a human effect, this is either some traffic profiling gone wrong, or a fault.

Yes the same with mine speed. Now back to normal. I'm expecting it will drop at the evening. Will monitor. 

No Broadband again (been off since yesterday). No download. Had Openreach out last week checked everything. Also Vodafone sent new router.  As per other messages on the Forum.  It seems a Peterborough / Vodafone issue. Does not help over a 3 hour waiting time.  

Any ideas?  Clearly done all the normal things very frustrating.