Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor Broasdband Speed During Peak Times - Need Help Quickly

Castlettc
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have the Superfast 2 package and as I'm within 150 meters of the cabinet my sync speed is constantly at 80 20 with very few errors on the line.

Testing the line with speetest.net via an ethernet connection (Not wifi) I get 74mbps download and 19mbps upload up during the day.

I am however having problens with the broadband speed during peak times from around 5pm when the download speed starts to drop and gets to around 10mbps around 9pm. this is every night not just occasionaly which makes watching UHD programs impossible.

I have contacted the support team approximatly 3 weeks ago who's only suggestions was to change the wifi band even though i told them at least twice i was connected via ethernet. I was eventualy told after around 2 hours on line that an engineer had been requested to check the line out for problems but this has not happened or at least no one has been in touch to confirm it did!

To confirm what I suspected I fitted a modem an seperate router over a week ago so I could analyse the DSL Stats and to automate the speedtest.net every hour with logs. The outcome proves that the link is very good and stable but the troughput throttles back in the evening.

I've attached the speedtest log for the last few days so hopefully you can see it on this message board.

As it stands the service is unfit for the purpose of watching UHD streaming so I will have to leave Vodafone if it cannot be corrected, also I dont want to go through another 2 hours of getting nowhere with TOBY so any help and advice that works would be very greatfully recieved.

13 REPLIES 13

flipside
4: Newbie

Same here, off peak im seeing 76/18 but my speed tests at peak times are dropping down in some cases to single digit Dl speeds though mostly in the ealy teens.

All tests ahve been done with wired connections

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @Castlettc and @flipside - I think it's best if we run some diagnostics on your line. We'll need to access your account to help get you up and running correctly - please contact our team via Facebook, or get in touch on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

@tj contact made vis Facebook messenger

@tj contact made using Facebook messenger

Have you had any joy, ive supplied stats, done tests involving totally disconnecting all devices and doing wired speed tests and sent screen shots of multiple speedtest siyes but so far im still running on 16/16 dl/ul with no real info back

I am having the same problems with my connection speeds as I was having in January 2020.

I have the Superfast 2 package and as I'm a short distance from the cabinet my sync speed is constantly at or slightly below 80 20 with very few errors on the line.

Testing the line with speetest.net via an ethernet connection (Not wifi) I get 74mbps download and 19mbps upload up during the day.

I am however having problems with the broadband speed during peak times from around 5pm when the download speed starts to drop and gets to below 3 Mbps around 9pm. this is every night not just occasionally which makes watching both UHD and HD streaming programs impossible. Microsoft Teams or Zoom meetings at this time are also impossible

I have tried to contact the support team 3 times only to get "Advisor is not available" and I sent a message via the Facebook messenger 2 days ago with no response. 

As before I have speedtest.net automatically running every hour with logs.

The outcome proves that the link is very good and stable but the throughput throttles back in the evening.

I've attached the speedtest log for the last few days so hopefully you can see it on this message board.

As it stands the service is unfit for the purpose of watching HD or UHD streaming so I will have to leave Vodafone if it cannot be corrected, also I don't want to go through another 2 hours of getting nowhere with TOBY so any help and advice that works would be very gratefully received.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Castlettc I'm sorry to hear that you haven't yet received a response from our Social Media team. We're a little busier than normal but I'm sure a member of the team will be in touch shortly!

From your post, I can see that you're experiencing these issues after 5 pm. This could be due to increased network traffic at peak times. Have you tried reducing the number of connected devices at these times, and if so, does this help at all?

Yes Jack, I have tried everything which eventually did prove it is the incoming line and not anything after the router/modem. Your support team have been in touch today and they are sending an engineer to check and hopefully repair the line.

Hi @Castlettc let us know if you see any changes after the engineer has checked the line, hope you can see some improvements soon 😊