Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor and unstable WiFi

Fubister
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

For several months now I've been having some issues when using WiFi to browse the net, crazy long loading times, streaming is out of the question. When this happens I need to restart my router, after that it's back to normal for a day or two and then it's all over again. After my own investigation I found a few things, like when I ping my router out of 100 packets sent, on average only 65 bounce back so that's 35% data loss, also ping times vary from 10ms to +3000ms. I have tried everything now like factory reset, changing channels etc and nothing helps (except for restart) my line sync is excellent at 79.9 Mbit/s I also have no problem with Ethernet connection. I have no obstacles as signal strength is 5/5. Clearly something bad is happening with router it's like wireless is getting 'clogged' for a lack of better word. I recently extended my contract with vodafone and I'm using same router since 2018. I have obviously contacted the support via chat, technician connected my router and changed DNS for some reason and obviously that didn't help, I was given a ticket number and a phone number for a higher technician team but I can't get through to them for 3 days now and I'm waiting on the phone up to 45 minutes. Restarting the router every day or two is really frustrating and I don't want to be forced to buy new router from my own pocket. I really think I should just get a replacement router as there isn't really anything anyone can do.

4 REPLIES 4

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

If you have been having the problem for several months I'm surprised you renewed the contract without insisting an a new router. Vodafone support are a joke at the moment (maybe they always have been, but I'm a fairly new so have no previous experience with them). I believe there is a complaints phone number if you search around, I will be going down that route myself if 3rd line (when they finally call back) don't manage to solve my problem.

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

Daft idea......

Plug a time clock into the wall, set an OFF period of 15 minutes, so that the router gets a reboot just before breakfast, while you wait for technical support.

Have you solved the problem yet? Is the rebooting worked? I usually reboot when I have some issues about Wi-fi. It makes the speed improved. 2 player games

Only rebooting works, still haven't talked to the tech support, they supposed to call me but still haven't.