Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Recently Activated - Speed much lower than guaranteed

ivata89
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I had my broadband activated on the 14th of April (it actually started working the day before). The sync speed though is only 6mbps when on the Superfast 1 package I sugned up for it is supposed to be a guranteed 25mbps.

I realise that speeds fluctuate during the first 10 days but how realistic is it that this will improve so much? Also there are no signs of anything changing, it just stays at this constantly.

Is there anything I can try? Support just tell me to wait but it seems that something is clearly wrong and if this is never going to be sorted I would rather just leave now for another provider during the cooling off period.

Thanks,

Ivan

51 REPLIES 51

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Vodafone say it can take around 10 days but in some extreme circumstances 30 days to settle.

You have 14 days to make up your mind to stay or leave @ivata89 

I would suggest to conduct a forum search as this will bring up similar situations to yours which may hold some advice on what you can do with the frequencies in your router, WiFi channels and further detailed information.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply.

There are no issues with wifi, it is the actual router sync speed. Wondering if it is realistic that the speed will increas massively during this initial period? Has anyone had a similar experience?

Alternatively can any tests be done on the line to see if something is wrong?

What I don't want to do is go past the 14 days cooling off period with the hope that it sorts itself out and then end up stuck with a poor connection.

Thanks,

Ivan

They told me to wait untill 14 days......it didn't get better.

When I said I would leave, they told me i would have to pay the full 18 months if i did...nice company eh?

2 months Ive waited ...nothing

Thats exactly what they have told me. ie "You can leave our snail speed service, but we wil want the full 18 months"

Will i pay if/when I leave ???......er ....NO ! 

Hi I gave the same problem. Same line and different provider Vodafone and my speed has dropped I could have left in the 1st 14 days but was promised my maximum speed and then an engineer to visit from openreach today that never happened 

Changing router chanels never words. Nor does fitting an ethernet lead. Its a problem we are all having with vodaphone. Mine has been junk since 3 days after it was switched on. I should have 55mb/s in the evening i get 2mb/s rubbish speed

They do nothing but promice, no action that is

Brentwood
4: Newbie

Hi, same here ...ive beeen trying to get vodaphone to give me the 55mb/s im paying for ..Superfast 2..(for 2 months now)...they say they will help...but do nothing.

Leave while you can . 

What speeds are you currently getting? Was there a promise that it would be resolved in the initial 10 days for you too?

Hi I to have upgraded to so say super fast broadband 2 , so like you I have been fed the the normal rubbish jargon!!!so I done what they said and still programmes and films and gaming kept buffering now not being funny but surely and these speeds this should never had so after hrs of calls and waiting I get told you area doesn't get super fast broadband connection even though I have super fast broadband with them for years and my neighbors have!?!🤔 after then being told they will send an engineer out and that will sort the problem ok waited no one arrived so called again and told that they will be here tomorrow ok I said so I waited and again no one arrived so called again to be told yes!! Someone did come but they didn't need to come into your property ☺️😊!! I checked my cctv no one came!!& then I suggested seeing I'm paying for something that I'm not getting can you not help me and send me a Wi-Fi booster to be told we don't send them Wi-Fi boosters out if you want to get the speeds you're saying super full broadband is supposed to be giving you you then you will have to pay for a Wi-Fi booster yourself !! My answer to that was so you're charging me for super broadband fast 2 I am not getting the product I am paying for so I've asked you you to send me a products that will make your so say broadband the speed it should be to be told well you have to pay for it yourself?!?! After buying a Wi-Fi booster it's not buffering is much as it was before but I'm still not getting the speeds I'm paying for and all I get from Vodafone every bill for months is is well were giving you a couple of pound discount that should be good enough fev1 though no my bills are over £100 a month and I actually done them a favour by keeping my mobile phone phone and the house phone phone and broadband after my father passed away whose contract this was and I've had nothing but hassle from day dot, thanks rant over LOL