cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Released from contract due to oversupply !!!

philds
4: Newbie
We've reviewed the issue with your Home Broadband and we can see that you have an issue with your cable link. The cable link is a piece of equipment in your local exchange which when over capacity can cause slow speed issues. Your cable link is currently over capacity which is why you're experiencing issues. We're working really hard to upgrade all of the over capacity cable links, but we don't have any time scale for this currently. 

As we don't have a time scale for the upgrading of your cable link, we can allow you to leave your contract free of charge. There are two options for this, either requesting that your new provider does a working line takeover or putting in your 30 days notice. A working line takeover is when a provider uses the existing line going into your property to provide broadband service to you. This results in an easy switch with very little downtime.

We hope this has addressed your concerns. To accept this offer, or if you have any further questions, please access your complaints portal within the next 28 days to advise us. We're available every day between 8am and 8pm and one of our case handlers will be ready to work through the issue with you. Alternatively, you can call us on 08080 045 200 (standard call charges apply).

16 REPLIES 16

philds
4: Newbie

I wonder if they will stop supplying broadband to these over supply exchanges?

It's so frustrating they do not care.... they just want to take your money it should be illegal to sell something you cannot supply sufficiently. Their broadband guarantee is not worth the paper it is written on. 

HenryKissinger
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

@philds wrote:
We've reviewed the issue with your Home Broadband and we can see that you have an issue with your cable link. The cable link is a piece of equipment in your local exchange which when over capacity can cause slow speed issues. Your cable link is currently over capacity which is why you're experiencing issues. We're working really hard to upgrade all of the over capacity cable links, but we don't have any time scale for this currently. 

As we don't have a time scale for the upgrading of your cable link, we can allow you to leave your contract free of charge. There are two options for this, either requesting that your new provider does a working line takeover or putting in your 30 days notice. A working line takeover is when a provider uses the existing line going into your property to provide broadband service to you. This results in an easy switch with very little downtime.

We hope this has addressed your concerns. To accept this offer, or if you have any further questions, please access your complaints portal within the next 28 days to advise us. We're available every day between 8am and 8pm and one of our case handlers will be ready to work through the issue with you. Alternatively, you can call us on 08080 045 200 (standard call charges apply).

Have you gone ahead with leaving your contract? I've been told that I have an amber cable link which is the reason for the slow speeds during peak time. I've broached the subject of cancelling my contract and am awaiting a reply.

Yes, placed an order with a major isp this morning 

Email your complaint to the directors office , they will create a ref number and a log for which you can keep track of your correspondence.

CISAS would not uphold my complaint for the Apple Watch fiasco , with this complaint I had nightly speed tests videoed and screen captures , they even refused to acknowledge it as a complaint as I had already raised a complaint about the Apple Watch ,

so glad to be leaving, cannot think of any provider of telecoms in twenty years who have been as incompetent as Vodafone , they are not even cheap anymore

Been given a date from the 8th April , moving to BT.

Speeds are so bad at night I am using a three router with a 4g connection which is giving me 12meg to 15 meg  which works fine.

I can now at least stream Netflix , only paying £17 a month for unlimited as I was already a customer of theirs.

Roll on the 8th.

One caveat is that BT are only completing changeovers , no openteach visits for a new line required.

I was thinking of going back to Sky who were no problems, but they wanted a £50 connection fee, only £ 19 if you were a new customer to them. 
BT for super fast 1 is now 27.99 , 9.99 for delivery of the router and a contract for 2 years.

@philds wrote:

Been given a date from the 8th April , moving to BT.

Speeds are so bad at night I am using a three router with a 4g connection which is giving me 12meg to 15 meg  which works fine.

I can now at least stream Netflix , only paying £17 a month for unlimited as I was already a customer of theirs.

Roll on the 8th.

One caveat is that BT are only completing changeovers , no openteach visits for a new line required.

I was thinking of going back to Sky who were no problems, but they wanted a £50 connection fee, only £ 19 if you were a new customer to them. 
BT for super fast 1 is now 27.99 , 9.99 for delivery of the router and a contract for 2 years.

Hope it all goes smoothly.

Finally moved over to BT this morning from Vodafone due to over capacity and dreadfully slow speeds in my exchange.

Released from my contract and will certainly never ever consider Vodafone again for broadband or phone.

Move was quick and all up and running with only 5 mins downtime.

Using the smart hub 2 which gives fantastic connection all over my property and in the garden.

Pity Vodafone do not admit to their problems as it surely must be eroding their sales with such poor performance from their broadband network 

Hi, I too am thinking BT is the way to go. Vodaphone are giving me a cheaper deal, but I want  a 2mb/s download for my internet.

Please let me know how BT fairs out with your broardband speed in the coming days/weeks.

To be honest my Vodaphone speed was 54mb/s really fast and I was so pleased.......For 3 day anyway. Then it got slower and slower.

Let me know the BT info as an when ?