cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Released from contract due to oversupply !!!

philds
4: Newbie
We've reviewed the issue with your Home Broadband and we can see that you have an issue with your cable link. The cable link is a piece of equipment in your local exchange which when over capacity can cause slow speed issues. Your cable link is currently over capacity which is why you're experiencing issues. We're working really hard to upgrade all of the over capacity cable links, but we don't have any time scale for this currently. 

As we don't have a time scale for the upgrading of your cable link, we can allow you to leave your contract free of charge. There are two options for this, either requesting that your new provider does a working line takeover or putting in your 30 days notice. A working line takeover is when a provider uses the existing line going into your property to provide broadband service to you. This results in an easy switch with very little downtime.

We hope this has addressed your concerns. To accept this offer, or if you have any further questions, please access your complaints portal within the next 28 days to advise us. We're available every day between 8am and 8pm and one of our case handlers will be ready to work through the issue with you. Alternatively, you can call us on 08080 045 200 (standard call charges apply).

16 REPLIES 16

amendment to above ...I dont want 2mb/s download. 

It has been 10 days now since the connection to BT was established..

I don’t think my speed will improve anymore to be honest , but before I left the Vodafone connection was unusable  after 6pm, pages would take ages to load.

I used my iPhone with a hotspot 4 g  Connection in the end it was so bad.

I was informed there was a cable issue in my exchange and no date to upgrade the exchange,

Remarkably Vodafone will still take your custom on my estate despite the issues.

Have you done 'speediest.net' just to see what it actually is, and if its varies over the day/hours.

My paradox here is my neighbour gets 50mb/s to 70mb/s most of the time. And his cable goes to the same green box as mine. and the same exchange. Thereby contradicting Vodaphone line "Its not our fault guv" 

speedtest.net

Pretty consistent during the day and evening , the most frustrating thing was Vodafone having me check my Wi-fi , check my router , check my connections when it was quite obvious it was an issue of over supply as the speed was fine during the day 

Yes, that is exactly what they did with me, endless wifi channel changes. Even 'expert' changes to their router. The last chat guy said i should use an ethernet lead which would increase my download speed significantly. £7 out of my bank later and a black lead trailed around my house. DID NOTHING !!! I believe they knew/know exactly what was happening (same as yours). Good speed at odd hours (when others were not using the internet.  But junk when it was busy. Unusable even !! 2 Months of worry and annoyance for me.  My final straw was them telling me I couldn't leave without paying the full 18 months, even though they were the reason I needed to leave. 

You know the rest. But Vodaphone need to get their act together as regards thing they promise but will not supply.

Raise a complaint with CEDR , after 8 weeks they will investigate , don’t hold much hope using them but I believe they will release you from contract rather Than have these complaints recorded.

their record of complaints is appalling around 500% worse than sky