main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Router and Speed issues

3: Seeker

All weekend I have been having issues with speed. I have tested everything and no improvement. I get more speed on wifi than hard wired to router, 9mb on wire, 14 on wifi....but no where near my promised 38mb. I have done a factory reset on router to no avail. Tried 4 different devices on ethernet to router, all 4 ports, numerous cables and same low download speeds. I changed micro filters, swapped out all cables and still same nonsense. Even my homeplugs are pulling no juice from this router, even worse at 4mb at best. Seems to be an issue with router as i would expect better results hardwired than wifi.

View more options
19 REPLIES 19

I'm having the exact same issues, it's driving me mad.

View more options
4: Newbie

Not the router. The issue is that Vodafone tries to lock as many as possible customer into 18 month contract and hope the miss the 30 day coll off period.

View more options

I've been with them since July so way past the 30 days for me.  I've never had any problems until now so that's why its a little strange as my speeds and connection have been brilliant as opposed to the rubbish I got when on Sky Fibre.

View more options

So I posted here and had 2 chats and speeds are still a joke. Seriously, how you get away with chargin ppl money for this crap is beyond me. 9mb average im stuck with since Saturday and not one finger has been lifted by you crowd to sort it. 

View more options

I'm not even joking mine is behaving exactly the same as yours and has been like that since Saturday too can't get above 9Mbp and keeps randomy not loading web pages in when it's still connected.  I've got 2 teenage son's sitting in their rooms looking like the world is ending coz they keep getting booted out of  online matches!  I've totally forgotten but what did people used to do again before there was Internet? 😂

View more options

Its so bloody frustrating though. I work from home and its embarressing that my connection cant handle a simple skype desktop share. Cant even chill out and watch netflix or a movie in evenin cz it buffers. Im not a heavy user but its f* kin me right off now. It has to b the pissy router.

View more options

It doesn't even seem a localised issue. I'm having just the same problems. 

View more options

@Edmundo07 Hi there, it's really strange the issue started all of a sudden. We'd really like to look in to this for you, I've sent you a private message on how to get in touch. If you need anything else, just let us know. Joe

View more options

Ok i did this yesterday morning and support person rang me. Interference on my line  he said so i did what was asked, plugged in to test socket and disconnected all devices and hesaid he would run more tests and ring me back. No call back recieved and speeds still crap. 7 days nearly of this nonsense and no further forward.

View more options

Get used to the nonsense. There tech support is useless  

View more options

Well its not the router anyway, i just got a new one at my own expense and downloads are still crap.

View more options

We're really sorry to hear you're still having problems @Edmundo07. Did you contact us via the private message @Joe sent out?

If so, please provide us with your email reference number - it'll look something like this [#1234567]. We'll be more than happy to chase this up for you. 

View more options

Ofc i did TJ. No better and now unbelieveably being told that speedtest.net reporting false results. Yet new link ur suppirt sends me for thinkbroadband magically showings37mb in SAFE mode. I'm done, submitting a complaint and contacting ombud, nothin changed my end and speeds abysmal. Awful service and customer support.

View more options

Edmundo,

My experience of replying to the PM's is that you will still get absolutely nowhere and nothing will get resolved  

View more options

I agree, same hoops to jump thru and when one speed test gives them 1 result and wat they wanna c suddenly its our fault. Ive done hundreds over the past too weeks and only 1 comin up with the magic 38mb is this thinkbroadband link. 

View more options
Highlighted
View more options

Lmao 10.7mb on that link. Same as speedtest.net and indicitive of the buffering i see on hd streaming. 

View more options

I'm on the 76mb package and get anywhere between 3 and 35 MB on average. Rarely do I get the alleged guarantee of 56mb. 

I can't be ##~## trying to get tech support as they really are completely useless. 

View more options

Currently I'm watching a UHD 4K Netflix show. Unfortunately as my broadband is connecting at 4.3 Mbps I'm only able to watch at 1080p  

View more options