Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router sync/internet speed

steve-662333
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Have been with Vodafone for three months and since having the service the sync speed has never reached the guaranteed minimum of 44mbps.

Started at 36 and gradually slowed down to sit at 32. This doesn't even match my previous provider TalkTalk who were steady between 38-39mbps download. Speed tests report slower than that  anything between 26 to 30 mbps. Bored of having to keep applying for discount now. Can someone please look in to this? Have made many calls to support who unfortunately are not much help and the last time cut the connection off for over three hours which was not at all helpful considering I am working from home around the clock!

3 REPLIES 3

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

If you were getting 38-39 with TT you are unlikely to get more with Vodafone.

What does the BT checker say?

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

The download speed will always be slightly slower than the sync speed due to "overheads"

Fully understand that download speed test may report slower than sync. My point is that Vodafone speed checks prior to signing up to them reported they could provide in the region of 50mbps on my line. The contract I have from them also stated guaranteed minimum of 44mbps

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @steve-662333 We understand the importance of keeping connected, especially at this difficult time. I'd recommend dropping our lovely Social Media team a message here, and a member of the team will be happy to run through some troubleshooting with you and run some line tests to diagnose any potential issues.

I'd also recommend checking out this link for some hints and tips to help optimise your broadband speeds