main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Rubbish wifi

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Does anyone else have an issue with the WiFi signal in their home. As per screenshot continually getting rubbish signals like this wired it’s fine just the crappy routers signal. This reading was taken from 10’ away from the router.

42E0D9FC-C60C-4024-8FF2-DECA32870980.jpeg

View more options
7 REPLIES 7
15: Advanced member

Unfortunately, we can't see the screenshot until it gets "approved", however, I don't think there are many on here who use the VF router that would argue about how poor the WiFi is.

View more options
2: Seeker

Well as you can’t see it I’ll let you know, download speed .25mbps & the best I’ve ever had is 5Mbps. Upload speed is quite good but that’s not a lot of good when you’re trying to watch Netflix etc.

Truly shocking.

View more options

Even though the VF router WiFi is bad, 0.25Mbps suggests that there is something seriously wrong.  If the sync speed on the router is okay (and your router is sensibly positioned) then that kind of transfer rate would suggest that the router is faulty!

You could try running a mobile app such as "wifi sweetspots" to see how your data transfer rates vary as you walk around the property.

View more options
3: Seeker

I’ve been getting a mix bag with the Hawawi router that VF use   

Even when when I place the router in my hall of my one bedroom flat I still seem to be getting a black spot in my room

View more options

@Larryf666 Nobody wants to be without Wi-Fi connection and I appreciate how frustrating having slow speeds must be. @SharkiePaws10 I'm also sorry to hear after trying several alternatives, you're also still experiencing some issues in certain areas of the room. 

So a member of our team can get this looked into for both of you and perform some troubleshooting steps with you, please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Don't forget to include the link to this thread, along with your username.

View more options
3: Seeker

No it’s fine I’m just saying about how it’s doing that

View more options

@Larryf666 now we can see the image there's a little more info we can give you.  A speedtest graph will normally look like the one below:

Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test.gif

So the speed should pick up at the start of the graph, rather than drop off.  It kind of suggests that there may be some congestion/bottleneck outside of your property which it may be possible to detect with a line test. *the above taken on a Sunday afternoon while others are browsing and watching Netflix*  It's the kind of issue where you have to hunker down and talk to tech support over the phone - **if any idiot suggests it can be fixed by splitting the SSIDs, ask to be transferred to someone else!

@SharkiePaws10 Based on limited info, I'd guess that you probably have a different issue, such as very robust (brick, concrete or even granite - think old Edinburgh townhouse) walls.  If the router is working well, but just can't get the signal through the walls then the easy solution is probably HomeAV power-line WiFi extenders - For example, not a recommendation the TL-WPA7510 KIT or similar.  If you do go down that route, post a reply and there are several users on here who can give you tips on best practice when using powerline adapters.

View more options