main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Shambolic speeds - 0.5mbit/s to 8mbit/s on 74mbit/s FTTC

SOLVED
View solved solution
8: Helper

Hello,

I've justed logged a complaint to cover this, but wanted to flag (hopefully to prevent others experiencing the same) the performance issues on Vodafone Broadband 74mbit FTTC.

During my first week, things were excellent, speeds hitting and sometimes exceeding the advertised 74mbit/s, typically Speedtest would hover at 68mbit/s-76mbit/s down with 15mbit/s-19mbit/s upload. Excellent.

Since then I've spent the last week or so pulling my hair out trying to diagnose the terrible speeds. Speeds that are incapable of even streaming a Netflix programme, let alone power a family household and their digital needs. Typically in the evening (though not isolated by any means) I'm hitting single digit speeds, despite my modem syncing at 74mbit/s down and 19mbit/s up.

I've tried both a Netgear DM200 modem with a Nighthawk 7800 router, and the standard Vodafone offering. Both produce the same lousy result. The majority of the time my speed will hover between 2mbit/s and 8mbit/s which makes it completely impossible to work from home, stream my services or enjoy the internet, honestly, my ISDN line of 20 years ago was snappier loading pages (think placeholder that's eventually populated with a picture, slow).

My particulars:

Location - Midlands

Equipment - Vodafone / Netgear

Tested - Ethernet cable (disabled WIFI)

I'd like this resolved, above and beyond "reset your router and call back tomorrow if it's still broken", compensation offering until it is fixed, or the ability to leave Vodafone for another service, I'm about 3 weeks in to my contract.

I've been a Vodafone customer since 2007, I have 3 mobile lines with you and the broadband. I just want it sorting please.

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So, my Vodafone "service" came to an end at midnight, this morning I woke up and plugged in my BT router, came on immediately.

Just ran a speedtest and here is what going with BT will get you, running against Vodafone Newbury:

Night and day difference, my only regret is trusting Vodafone in the first place. The worst customer experience I've had with any broadband line, ever.

Another against a closer server:

View more options
26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
4: Newbie

How long has the broadband been active? I think you have a 30 day get out clause if it's really a problem. I've only been with Vodafone for about 10 days, but so far it's been excellent. Obviously I wouldn't be happy if it suddenly slowed down like you have experienced. 

View more options

My line went active on 16/02, it was fine for two weeks.

Since then, this is my reality (note the time of day):

I have already stated my intentions to leave this shambles after the latest episode of wasting my time speaking to customer services today. As my line is syncing at 74mbit/19mbit they are steadfast in their view that they're holding up their end of the bargain.

The company stance is shambolic, and as a Vodafone customer for over 10 years I'll be looking to move my mobile lines when up for renewal in addition. I wished to have all of my lines managed by one business, but I will now look to BT to provide that for me.

If my line isn't sorted by the 12/03 (my last opportunity to cancel my cancellation request) I'm off!

Here's another test to Vodafone's own server:

View more options

I'd be very disappointed if I had those speeds @JamesBroadband. It can take up to 30 days for the new connection to settle but better to be safe than sorry, i've sent you a private message on how you can contact our team directly.

View more options

DLAM can take 10 days, agreed. However, waiting 30 days for a line to settle, can you explain the theory of that?

Sounds rather convenient given your cooling off period is also 30 days. Fortunately I'm able to walk away from this shambles with just a few scars to show for it.

Yes, I am disappointed, immensely so. I've wasted 8-10 hours of my life trying to resolve this and been fobbed off on each occasion.

No service is perfect, but there's no service at all here.

View more options
3: Seeker
  • I'm paying for a 76M service and I have 4M every evening. I think we are being victims of a fraud. I still have one more year hijacked by these vodafone people. I miss my adsl line, ten years ago I had a better download speed. 
  • Sick and tired. If anyone is still on time to jump out of THIS, dont doubt. 
View more options

Morning all....

Apparently 08:50AM on a Friday morning is super for performance too.

Exactly whay I need when working from home to ensure I get a stable video conferencing platform to work from...

(Is my line connected to someone's 5 year old iPhone down the road?!)

Absolutely DIRE, calling CS again now to complain, again... this time demanding to speak a manager. I want a FULL refund!

View more options

Saturday night... time for streaming some Netflix after a busy week at work. Oh no... wait...

BUFFER, BUFFER, BUFFER, BUFFER, BUFFER.

Vodafone, honestly... you HAVE to be able to do better than this! Is this REALLY the best you can do???

View more options

Another perhaps?

View more options
5: Helper

Is there an issue this weekend?  I've never had speeds like this before? 

View more options

Can't see your image mate. Mine was actually hitting 65-72mbit earlier today, around 2PM. This evening? 6mbit.

View more options

@JamesBroadband It's really disappointing to see you're still not getting the speeds you're expecting. 

Please could you confirm the reference number that we'll have sent out to you when you completed the form via private message? It'll look something like this [#1234567].

Once we've got this we'll be able to chase your query up with our Broadband team.

View more options

I didn't complete the form. I have an FLT number from CS that is all. No to be a pedant, but it's not the speed "i'm expecting" it's the service I'm paying for, based on your guarantee and estimate, which right now amounts to vapour.

I've had a complaint logged with you for over 5 days now and have had zero response, nothing, nada. So the question is:

How do I get a refund for this entire month? It really is at a point where I'm going to remove myself from all Vodafone services if this isn't dealt with promptly. Last month, I spent £120 with Vodafone in mobile and broadband costs, dire service.

Here's tonights gem... another night where my service is limited to websites, no Netflix, no gaming (rubber banding on games) and no Youtube over 720p.

View more options

@JamesBroadband You'll need to get in touch with our Broadband Live Chat team, or give our Broadband support a call on: 08080 034 515 as we're unable to access your account directly via the Community Forum.

They'll be more than happy to chase your complaint up for you and discuss your options in regards to any alternations to your account. 

View more options

@TJwrote:

@JamesBroadband You'll need to get in touch with our Broadband Live Chat team, or give our Broadband support a call on: 08080 034 515 as we're unable to access your account directly via the Community Forum.

They'll be more than happy to chase your complaint up for you and discuss your options in regards to any alternations to your account. 

@TJ, I wish that were the case. I've already logged a call with your CS via 191 and got an FLT number, 4 days, heard nothing, I also logged the information via the WRT number @DaneB messaged me with, received a call today, guess what they said? Call customer broadband team and they'll fix it...

Guess what the customer broadband team say when I call them up? "There's nothing we can do, it looks OK this end, bye"

How do I possibly escalate this above this chimps tea party of a business model and bring it to the attention of:

A: Someone that gives a flying duck about customer services and putting things right.

B: Someone that has the power to actually put some resource on things to see it through and to compensate me for this absolute **** shower of a service?

As you may read from my exasperated posts which from my opening post have boiled over at this stage with utter frustration at the audacity to charge people full price and treat people with utter contempt.

@Can @TJ @DaneB private message me with the information as to how to speak with your management team? Perhaps they can escalate things.

Here's the email.... useless:

[Removed]

09:12 (12 hours ago)

to me

Hello James,

Thank you for your time over the call.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused due to your home broadband issue. As discussed, we request you to get in touch with our broadband team by calling them on 08080 034 515 as they will assist you in this matter.

Thank you,

[Removed]

Customer Service Agent (Social Media)

Vodafone Limited
Vodafone HQ, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
Registered in England No 1471587

James  <jaXXXXXXXne[at]gmail.com>

09:18 (12 hours ago)

to eforum.web

Hi Nirav, 

I've already spoken to the customer services team from 191 with respect to my issues, plus also made a formal complaint which I haven't heard back from (over 7 days).

I'll be leaving Vodafone on 22nd March unless the issue is escalated and resolved. The services so far have been utterly disappointing with absolutely no ownership shown by anybody within Vodafone, every point of contact results in "Please speak to this team, they will help" and yet nobody does.

So, how do I escalate this further?

Sincerely, James

-------------------------------

Oh and before I go, here's tonights champion speed:

An hour later...

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines]

View more options

Daytime speeds... not exactly peak, is it?

As I'm getting 1/6th (being kind) of what I expect, I assume I can also pay 1/6th of my monthly bill this month? £5?

View more options

@TJ @DaneB not that you'll give a hoot as you've basically ignored everything that has been said.

Here's tonight's performance:

I understand you can't actually do anything at all, but maybe you can help with this simple request:

How do I get a refund for this month? I'm now at a point where I will be advertising these tests over Twitter and Facebook and also looking to escalate to Ofcom for absolutely lying about your capability to deliver a service!

View more options
View more options

@JamesBroadband Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I'm really sorry that your query wasn't forwarded correctly to the right team last time you got in touch with us. I know this is frustrating and and completely understand your irritation.

I've sent you out another private message with details to get in touch with us again. I've asked for this to be picked up as a priority by our Broadband team and looked into as quickly as possible.

When you've completed the form, please pop back to us and let us know your email reference number so I can forward this request for you.

View more options

@TJwrote:

@JamesBroadband Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I'm really sorry that your query wasn't forwarded correctly to the right team last time you got in touch with us. I know this is frustrating and and completely understand your irritation.

I've sent you out another private message with details to get in touch with us again. I've asked for this to be picked up as a priority by our Broadband team and looked into as quickly as possible.

When you've completed the form, please pop back to us and let us know your email reference number so I can forward this request for you.

TJ, I've already filled that out, a complete waste of time. Have you read any of the posts? Are you a forum chatbot?

I'm on my final day of this "service", I've already warned off multiple people from making the same mistake as I did.

I've never looked forward to switch ISP as much in my 20 years of connections, you're a joke of a service.

I still haven't had a meaningful chat to deal with my issues.

I still haven't had my formal complaint with Vodafone answered.

I still haven't got close to a working connection over a single 24hr period in over a month.

1/10.

View more options