main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Shambolic speeds - 0.5mbit/s to 8mbit/s on 74mbit/s FTTC

SOLVED
View solved solution
8: Helper

So, my Vodafone "service" came to an end at midnight, this morning I woke up and plugged in my BT router, came on immediately.

Just ran a speedtest and here is what going with BT will get you, running against Vodafone Newbury:

Night and day difference, my only regret is trusting Vodafone in the first place. The worst customer experience I've had with any broadband line, ever.

Another against a closer server:

View more options

BT, how it should be done...

View more options

@bobbyrabbitwrote:

6 months through an 18 month contract and fibre is almost unusable! I originally had a faulty VF hub, which caused millions of errors. I was sent a replacement which was just as bad. I installed my TP-Link and everything seemed stable.
Over the last 3 or so weeks, speeds in the evening have dropped causing buffering, slow browsing and my Daughter can not use her XBox, I sync at 55mb down and 10mb up.

The whole Vodafone experience has been a shambles from the start and I now have an almost unusable service and telephone support is appalling. I replaced all my wiring and upgraded faceplates, the problem is certainly not at my end.

I am on the Horsham exchange and I am guessing it is yet another case of over subscription. I had absolutely no problems with Plusnet or Sky. I will take take a few speedtests at http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/ over the next few days and try and get out of this damn contract! I'll also be cancelling my Wife and Daughters Vodafone mobile contracts at the earliest convenience.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Home-Phone/Shambolic-speeds-0-5mbit-s-to-8mbit-s-on-74mbit...

Leaving was the simplest and best course of action for me after Vodafone continued to display nothing but ineptitude.

BT are light years ahead of them.

View more options
2: Seeker

Thanks for referencing my thread James. I'm glad the move to BT improved matters, but of course, it would!
How did you get out of the contract, I would frankly pay to get out of it.

View more options

@bobbyrabbitwrote:

Thanks for referencing my thread James. I'm glad the move to BT improved matters, but of course, it would!
How did you get out of the contract, I would frankly pay to get out of it.

I was still in my first 30 days, fortunately. Though I don't see any reason why anybody should struggle to walk from their contract - if putting a monthly cost up gives you the ability to walk out, then so should **** poor performance, for WEEKS on end.

Escalate it to the board at Vodafone, tell them you'll be speaking with the ombudsmen if you aren't offered a cancellation free of charge.

https://www.ceoemail.com/index.php?s=V

Tonight's BT Infinity test:

And...

I'd say there was a theme here. BT trounces Vodafone.

I'll be moving my 3 mobile lines to BT also on renewal as a direct response to the failings here, 10 years customer loyalty gone!

View more options

I'd encourage EVERYBODY to move. The problem isn't your line, your exchange, your wiring, interference from alien vessels... the problem is VODAFONE and the fact they appear to be running their backbone on a 4G connection!

BT by comparison:

Of course the effect is much broader than just the price difference, it's also with all the services you pay for monthly that rely on WORKING INTERNET - Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Sonos, Sky. They all work when you're not with Vodafone!

View more options

BT still delivering...

View more options