Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Shocking browsing speeds

jeeman
2: Seeker

I've been reasonably happy with the service until the last 3-4 days where browsing speeds have been terrible, the broadband app tells me my sync speed is 55.3Mbps but speed test shows a download of approx 2.5Mbps and the same for upload. Pinging google DNS shows intermittent results with 11% loss over 574 pings. 

Screen snips attached.

Can someone please look into this for me. Thanks

41 REPLIES 41

jabloko102

Same here whats happening 

ky7

I have no idea, even posting to this forum i had to refresh the page several times as it was unresponsive, same for running a speed test, had to run it several times as it couldnt connect to the server to perform the test.  Any Vodafone staff on this forum that can provide a response please?   I am not getting the service i have paid for.  Unable to speak to live support as they are all busy.

Thanks.

The crappy reply from Vodafone was post a link on twitter or face-book.

💩🤬😡 isn't what a forum is for. Can they not see how many people are complaining.

I'll be voting with my feet at this rate.

Im going to do some tests soon with and without the VPN turned on and we'll see what we get.

Repeat post.

Zoltronix

The problems seems to be using Vodafone's DNS servers.

I'm currently having the same issues, modem is syncing at 80meg, but internet browsing is so slow.

If I do a speed test I'm averaging around 8-11meg. However if I switch my VPN on and route away from Vodafone servers then I hit around 73meg which is normal for me.

What I have done as a work around is change the DNS servers, I'm now directing to Google's DNS service on 8.8.8.8 and using 8.8.4.4 as a backup, also using CiscoDNS on 208.67.222.222 as another backup. Internet browsing has sped up massively by using alternate DNS.

@Zoltronix wrote:

I'm currently having the same issues, modem is syncing at 80meg, but internet browsing is so slow.

If I do a speed test I'm averaging around 8-11meg. However if I switch my VPN on and route away from Vodafone servers then I hit around 73meg which is normal for me.

What I have done as a work around is change the DNS servers, I'm now directing to Google's DNS service on 8.8.8.8 and using 8.8.4.4 as a backup, also using CiscoDNS on 208.67.222.222 as another backup. Internet browsing has sped up massively by using alternate DNS.

Cheers for that, speed test now showing 32Mbit down and 10Mbit up.

@jeeman wrote:

@Zoltronix wrote:

Cheers for that, speed test now showing 32Mbit down and 10Mbit up.

It's only a temporary fix, it's definitely with their DNS servers. Once sorted just revert back to the normal DNS servers.

I'm having similar problems the last few days. Really awful speeds.

Do you think the DNS problem is still relevant or is it fixed for your guys now?