Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Shocking browsing speeds

jeeman
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been reasonably happy with the service until the last 3-4 days where browsing speeds have been terrible, the broadband app tells me my sync speed is 55.3Mbps but speed test shows a download of approx 2.5Mbps and the same for upload. Pinging google DNS shows intermittent results with 11% loss over 574 pings. 

Screen snips attached.

Can someone please look into this for me. Thanks

41 REPLIES 41

To be honest, I'm no longer using Vodafone's DNS servers. I've actually changed them within the hub.

Im just using the google public DNS services on 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Same for me for last 2 days. luckily i am out of contract 😛 i pay extra for the 80meg and this is what ive been getting last 2 nights.

i have also tried with several different DNS and none work

well day 5 and still being throttled at night time. fine during day. i apy for superspeed 2 and connect at 64gb and get around 60 - 70 megs speeds during the day.. thwen from 7 pm onwards it drops to about 10 and then steadily gets worse hitting about 1 - 2 megs at 8 - 10 pm.. after 10 starts to pick up slightly then around midnight goes back to normal. get the usual its an openreach problem we will sort it etc.. i would rather them just admit it.. luckily for me i'm out of contract so will look elsewhere. such a shame as it used to be a really good service. never really had many issues but this last week its been terrible and as its only between 6 - 12 pm i know its a throttling oversubcribed issue. These are my 7:49pm speeds. i will do another about between 8 - 9 pm when it will be down to under 2 megs

This was 9 pm yesterday.

Welcome to the club :Smiling:

ill second that ! 

i moan about only haveing betweet 80-100 mbps and upload of over 900mbps  1 lol  

but dont matter what way its said your paying for a service they aint providing  only been at them for 9 days now its got to the stage where im sending in screen shots every 20 mins from 6 am through till 2-3 the next morning   tomorrow is phone call to the bank and cancel dd and go back to virgin never had and real issues with them and ive been with them since the start was ntlworld customer the only problem i had was price to speed seeing vf was offering 900 up and down for little bit less then my 350 virgin but nearly fornite in its not worth it the bloody hassel and spending hours on the phone to them every day 

cant get cable here only fibre and not full fibre.. 68megs is pretty good for the little village i live..
as predicted heres 9pm lol. by 10 it will be 2 megs..

9:30 and almost there lol.. 30 mins and 1 meg to go 😛

will post a few more and then 1 after midnight when it will be fully back up to speed same as every other night this week

there we go.. suprise suprise..
just gone midnight and almost back to normal.

What are you doing about it ? I have the same issue and I want to cancel the contract