main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Sinking Sync Speed

4: Newbie

Good morning, I've disconnected all power line adapters, I've ordered a 10m patch thing, ordered a new router and been on to Vodafone chat line. I found out that because we're on Unlimited Fibre 76 and not Superfast 1 or 2 we don't qualify for any discount. Hmm, last month's discount (when the sync speed dropped) was for "inconvenience".

However, "the case of the slow speed is being raised with the dedicated team and they will get it sorted", within 1-3 days, don't you know. I'm watching and waiting...

View more options
13: Advanced Member

What [Removed].  Superfast 2 is the new name for Unlimited 76, all of which are meant to have a min sync speed guarantee.

Slow syncs are normally down to line faults, if you pick up the phone is the line perfectly quiet?  Try a BT quiet line test:

Performing the Quiet Line Test: Once you have your telephone connected to theBT test socket dial 17070. You will reach BT's line test facility. Choose option 2 from the menu presented - "Quiet Line Test".

Will be interesting to see if sync speed increases with the power line kit removed, if at all possible leave is a good 72 hours to allow things to settle (other things can cause issues, like DECT cordless handsets and microwave ovens - assume neither are sitting too close to the VF router.

If you have the VF router app on your phone, you should be able to apply for the discount through that (only works when you have the VF router in use) - https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband/guaranteed-speed

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

View more options

I have the guarantee bit in the contract so I shall get back onto them for the discount. Different advisers offer different things.

The last engineer visit came up with no faults although we were told there was a fault, by Vodafone. I'll try the quiet line test later. 

The 'phone is only about a foot away. We have limited space for the phone and router. I shall have a look at that too, we live in a granite cottage with a "new" extension so there are some thick walls in places.

The app doesn't offer up the discount thing it just shows current sync speed, although the contract states "minimum guaranteed speed of "60Mbps"

View more options

Guaranteed is Sync speed. It is line quality. Like a water mains pipe is going to be fine

You are refering to slow broadband. That is Throughput speed. No water in good mains pipe.

As I sad twice above, here is no guaranteed speed and on your package I'm feeling you will be getting 3.5 Mbps  not 55.

Here are a lot of explanation to read in "Internet speed" forum topics. People what you reading comments are paid by VF to drag feet and lock you into contract

View more options

Hi Mozambezi,

I'm talking about sync speed which, according to the app and Vodafone, has dropped. My understanding is that sync speed is from the cabinet or exchange to the house, throughput is from the router. Anyhoo... I know what to expect here in Superfast Cornwall.

View more options
13: Advanced Member

I think you need to use the "VodafoneBroadband" app rather than the "My Vodafone" app which has the built in fake speed tester and access to your account.

View more options

Then you need to raise ticket with Vodafone tech support. 

I had Sync problems. My was 52Mbps with EE. Vodafone called in Open Reach tech and it started to be 68 Mbps.

However my throughput still the same. During peak hours 3 to 14 Mbps. On before and after repairs. Repairs made no difference.

My point is... Don't buy equipment, leave VF if you can

View more options

I do use the Vodafone Broadband app. I don't use the other app as I don't have a mobile with them, we had a SIM for an ipad with them ages ago but I could only use the ipad when we went to town as the Vodafone signal is non existent here. 

View more options

I'm sorry to hear you're not getting the sync speeds you should be @Hilda63 and apologise for any inconvenience this might cause.

One of my team will be happy to access your account to run diagnostics and take a closer look into this for you. So they can do this securely, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

Sorry for the great delay in updating this post. 

All's well here now. Thanks to the moderators the problem has been sorted out, yay. Nobody visited this time, but I got a text to say all was fixed. Since then the sync speed has been holding steady at 74Mb/s. I left it for a week and then plugged in the power line adapters for the CCTV and, for two weeks now, all has been well at 74Mb/s.

Thanks to all who helped and suggested things and stuff.

View more options

Brilliant, thanks so much for the update @Hilda63 👍 If you have any other questions in the future, you know where to get in touch! 

View more options