Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Slow Gigafast in Aberdeen

Big_Al2020
2: Seeker

I see some other posts for people in Stirling having same issues as me.
Since i had 500 installed in the summer ive never had the 500Mb I am paying for,  Upload always hits the 500 but once after calling support did the download hit 500.

The past few weeks during the day it can be 150-350/400 and at night drops to around 30-60.

Call up support and it goes up to around 400 then a couple days later back to normal.

Is this Vodafone throttling the connections?  I dont think its over usage as there is not that in our area who have this yet.

Actually thinking of cancelling due to not receiving the product i am paying for and going for a 5g network.  The 4g network i had before this worked better!

I have called support 3 or 4 times but most of the time you on hold or if you do get through you get cut off.

2 REPLIES 2

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Big_Al2020 - I understand how important it is to have a stable connection, especially at a time like this. Do you experience these speeds over WiFi and Wired connections?

I appreciate you have already contacted the team but our dedicated Gigafsast team on 0808 040 8408 will be able to look into this for you and get you up and running with the speeds you should be getting. They are a little busy at the moment, but I can assure you they will get to your call as soon as possible.

BellamyB

I’ve pretty much had the same thing except I’m on the 900 package. Have had speeds dropped to as slow as 20mbps some nights!!! Slower than the fttc bt connection I had! Haha. I’m just not sure what is going on with the Gigafast in Aberdeen as there are only 3 people in my area who have it. No reason for the lines to be so ridiculously congested.