main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Slow Streaming speeds!

4: Newbie

Okay this has been going on for a while now, Here are the results https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1547677843397978955 and when it comes to the streaming part of the test my download drops to 5-7mb/s https://gyazo.com/f10ab981d8438b8e6692d193f739b042

Duo to this i cant watch youtube videos at 720p without buffer.

View more options
9 REPLIES

Welcome to the club - you'll find a multitude of other users with the same issues and a deafening silence from moderators in here. In fact, you'll find no official technical support in here whatsoever.

Start collating screenshots from thinkbroadband speedtests (Vodafone want them done in safe mode). Then swerve trying to escalate it here and go via Twitter armed with your screenshots. In the screenshots they'll want to see you're in safe mode and connected via ethernet. Make sure you're using their router as well.

Good luck.

View more options

@dogdiego & @hubiwoj - you could try changing the DNS settings to manual in the router settings.

To access them put 192.168.1.1 into your browser, then go into expert mode, internet tab, then DNS settings. Change it to manual, then use something like OpenDNS for example.

Which is 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.

Let us know if this helps.

View more options
8: Helper

MarkF 

I know your trying to do your best but none of that works bud,   you have HUNDREDS of customers on here with this issue and we have all tried changing routers, dns servers you name it we've tried it..  nothing works apart from a VPN

It's an issue with vodafone - the quicker you understand that then you can offer some real advice. 

View more options

@MarkF

None worked, the issue stands on your side, tons of other people are having this issue.

The whole VF team is acting brain dead like they cant read or dont understand.

View more options

@hubiwoj We'd be more than happy to look in to this further for you. I've sent you a private message on how to get in contact. Joe

View more options

@joe this is the second time I’m doing this, I didn’t get a reply from the first private message you’ve sent me. 

View more options

I'm sorry to hear no ones been in touch @hubiwoj. When you completed the form in the private message that was sent out, we'll have replied via email to confirm we'd received your query; have you had this?

If not, please try clearing your cache and cookies or use a different browser to complete the form again. 

View more options
12: Established

so are we any closer to vodafone correcting the issue and giving customers the correct speed they pay for 

View more options

Nope not even close, sending them emails and not getting reply's. Phoning the does nothing.

The option to fix this is to leave vf.

View more options