main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Slow Throughput Speed Repairs Tracker

4: Newbie

Single Thread Download speed issues were resolved. Thank you VF

View more options
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
2: Seeker

I have an open Remedy Ticket with Vodafone FLT 09156919 which I have been told will take months for OpenReach to address.

 

Basically, since joining Vodafone on 8th Feb I have been monitoring the speed using Speedtest.net.  Accepting that over the first week or so I would not be seeing the full 76 Mbps I did not expect it to be so bad from the start and is showing no signs of any significant improvement.  I have 'on-line' chatted and spoken to the technical support people and have implemented the Router channel changes suggested where possible.  All to little or no avail.

 

During the testing with Speedtest.net I have used the auto-selected Vodafone London server and also manually selected the more local servers of Xilo and Iomart in Maidenhead, these two give vastly more superior results to  the Vodafone one.  At times they approach the minimum 73 Mbps guaranteed by Vodafone, so why can't Vodafone achieve these speeds or route via Xilo or Iomart using the OpenReach network?

I should add that before joining Vodafone from BT I was regularly achieving 66 Mbps using the same internal home setup, just a BT rather than Vodafone router.

 

I have attached my test results for your interest.

 

 

 

View more options
8: Helper

Classicman, just give notice and go before your 30 days are up.

 

If you carry on you're accepting the service as it is and so you could be expected to stay, where as for me the service has degraded thrrefore am getting out.

Look after yourself, because VF won't do anything to help, this isn't going to be a quick fix.

View more options
4: Newbie

EFT195[#20448230] 18/02/19; Not Resolved; Superfast 2 - 80/20; Single thread download speeds typically between 0.2 and 7 Mbit/s -- no change at peak times, is like this 24/7.

Then Refered to:

 

Speedtest Ref. FLT09152107; 19/02/19; Not Resolved; Superfast 2 - 80/20; Same as above - have been told "level 2 Tech Team have closed this due to 41 other peoples wi-fi devices are interfering with my telephone line. So they have washed their hands of it."

View more options
4: Newbie

@MarkFromPompey wrote:

EFT195[#20448230] 18/02/19; Not Resolved; Superfast 2 - 80/20; Single thread download speeds typically between 0.2 and 7 Mbit/s -- no change at peak times, is like this 24/7.

Then Refered to:

 

Speedtest Ref. FLT09152107; 19/02/19; Not Resolved; Superfast 2 - 80/20; Same as above - have been told "level 2 Tech Team have closed this due to 41 other peoples wi-fi devices are interfering with my telephone line. So they have washed their hands of it."


What is your  router Sync, CRCand other codes, uptime? 

If Sync is OK then switch off WiFi on VF router. Connect BT, EE, Virgin or other WiFi router (from eBay £10 but working OK in Bridge mode (do research yourself). Enable router only on 2.4 GHz. Update your speeds. Are they the same low?

View more options
8: Helper

@Mozambezi wrote:

What is your  router Sync, CRCand other codes, uptime? 

If Sync is OK then switch off WiFi on VF router. Connect BT, EE, Virgin or other WiFi router (from eBay £10 but working OK in Bridge mode (do research yourself). Enable router only on 2.4 GHz. Update your speeds. Are they the same low?


Are you seriously telling someone to buy another router to prove the fault that has already been acknowledged?

You are spamming the forum to get people to put there fault details in here and now trying to be VF and get them checking things? Make up your mind what this thread is for, tracking fault codes or help with fault finding?

View more options
4: Newbie

@sijones2010 wrote:

@Mozambezi wrote:

What is your  router Sync, CRCand other codes, uptime? 

If Sync is OK then switch off WiFi on VF router. Connect BT, EE, Virgin or other WiFi router (from eBay £10 but working OK in Bridge mode (do research yourself). Enable router only on 2.4 GHz. Update your speeds. Are they the same low?


Are you seriously telling someone to buy another router to prove the fault that has already been acknowledged?

You are spamming the forum to get people to put there fault details in here and now trying to be VF and get them checking things? Make up your mind what this thread is for, tracking fault codes or help with fault finding?


Tracking plus help.  

Sijohnes2010 I asked Mark. Yours is on tracker already and was proven faulty.

I hope I can help Mark.

View more options
8: Helper

You can't do both, your thread will become irrevant as no one will be able to follow it.

If someone needs help they create there own thread, if they have a fault code and relates to the confirmed fault that VF have confirm then they can put it in here.

But to be honest the this thread is pointless, I have forced there hand to disclose to the public that they have a fault and they need to fix it quickly.

Results will follow soon, am sure it will only be temporary before they try and slow people down, but at least people will know and avoid signing up - hopefully.

View more options
4: Newbie

It seems all of you who posted FLT reference have full speed now. Congratulations. 

View more options
8: Helper

@Mozambezi wrote:

It seems all of you who posted FLT reference have full speed now. Congratulations. 


Are you seriously trying to take the credit and make out that this is down to you?

Wow, words fail me.

View more options
4: Newbie

You didn't have speed. Now you have. Nothing else left to discuss 

View more options
6: Helper

I never added my FLT to your thread.

 

If I am correct sijones2010 managed to get things finally moving after getting the article posted on various websites.

 

This got vodafone to finally admit there was a fault and look into fixing it. Many had suffered the netflix throughput issues for months upto that point.

 

I think all this played a big factor on many now having a more stable and usable broadband.

 

I had wasted many hours of my time on the phone, preparing emails and 1 million speedtests then within a few days of the article being posted I was contacted by vodafone to say they had made adjustments to my line. I am now getting a far better service, but it has taken nearly two months which is totally unacceptable.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
View more options