Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Slow download speed on Superfast 2

TONYBUT
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have followed all the advice and used help chat to change channels but I still cannot get a decent download speed to my laptop (Less that 2 yrs old running Windows10). Today at 13:17 I switched off all other devices, connected my laptop via ethernet cable and ran the recommended broadband speed checker from speedtest.net.

At the time the sync speed was showing 65Mbps on the app on my android phone.

Speedtest report on laptop was Ping .157 Download 13.55 Mbps Upload 18.74 Mbps

If Upload is greater than download the internet says that the problem is bandwidth congestion? But I have never had a download speed of better than 22Mbps at any time of day.  This is for a services advertised at 75Mbps!!  What is wrong?

86 REPLIES 86

@GemmaP short answer is no. The same story as everyone else going through the motions with support. no real change mine does not drop as much now only goes down to about 3-5 mbps at 21.30 ish it was going below 1 mbps. What is an acceptable slow down speed? 3-5 mbps will only just stream HD on one device. I have Netflix ultra HD. Netflix recommend 25 megabytes for streaming ultra HD 

Thanks sbrodie for the confirmation that it looks like congestion problems. The BT link shows speed should be 60Mbps. Vodafone have agreed to "escalate" the problem, presumably referring to Openreach. Fingers crossed!

Hi, don't hold your breath hearing anything from the technical support team? Do they actually exist? As most others on this forum, my speed between 1730 and 2300 has dropped - sometimes down to 4Mps. I have 2 complaint refs, all the tests have been run, channels changed, promises that "Technical Support" will contact you within 24 or 48 hours - they never do. Today, armed with a ref number I waited on one phone line for 58 mins and gave up, then 10 on another and gave up. I pay for Superfast 2 and 2 mobiles. Within 14 days I will cancel all, and move elsewhere. I have 3 months to run on my contract, and if Vodafone wish to sue me for the remaining fees - then carry on? The resulting publicity will dent even further there already poor reputation. Anyone thinking of joining Vodafone Broadband - read the Forum posts and look elsewhere, anyone in contract, then the only way you will change anything is to leave!

I have same problems slow between 18.00 and 23.00. jumped all hoops answered all the stupid question still getting nowhere they know that the problem is traffic management but officially they don't do it so the problems yours. I'm putting a complaint tooto ofcom to see where that leads 

Paul

Here is the best one I got last week at 11pm, the speed seems to go back to normal after 12ish (I am on a 73 down and 20 up)
Untitled.jpg

it will be interesting to see whether Ryan's "Image to be moderated", which I guess is a screen grab showing his abysmal speed test results, stays "moderated", or should we call it "censored"?, for ever????

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey all, Lets see if we can help improve your speeds! From your posts, it sounds like you've gone through all the standard troubleshooting with our Customer Services advisers. So we can take a closer look into these issues for you and raise them to our Tech team (if needed), pop us a message via one of our social channels and our dedicated team will pick this up for you.

You write those words as if everything will be fixed and all will be rosy.
The Vodafone social channels offer the same poor, sub-standard level of service as the rest of its support network.

There is absolutely no point in contacting them unless you want to wait days (sometimes weeks) and go through the same levels of frustration and a barrage of unfulfilled promises.

Sorry Mark, Unless you have some sort of secret magic wand, or live in an alternative world, logging onto social media, except perhaps to advertise how slow Vodafone Superfast 2 is at times, will have no affect whatsoever? After typing up a formal complaint, I was contacted today by Rajendra in CS? He rang my mobile so I missed the call. Asked me to ring him, and quote my ref number? This I did, but it wasn't recognised, (I have now 4 different reference numbers ranging from 6 digits to about 14????), so was put throught to the Egypt call centre - again! The lovely Miriam couldn't help, because nothing had been entered into the records so, back to the email from Rajendra! Eventually deduced the ref the phone call wanted was the last 6 digits of the latest ref number, entered those only to find that the password supplied had expired! So, onto resetting the password! Eventually got onto Tech2! In the meantime, had a chat with my neighbour, who is on Sky BB. A big clue here for Vodafone - he is also having the same problems at the same time!! In the meantime, I now have to run the same speed tests that I ran for Nadine in Egypt, but this time morning afternoon and during the slowdown, and email the screenshots in, To prove yet again, how slow Superfast 2 is at times in the evening......!!

Final word on the Vodafone broadband nonsense ....

I’ve had enough .... going back to BT, who will pay the Vodafone cancellation fee.

I really have no idea how Vodafone exist with such awful service. Such is my disgust, I’ve taken my long-standing Vodafone mobile contract elsewhere as well.

I will never use Vodafone again.