main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Slow streaming/download speeds

Highlighted
4: Newbie

Confirmation that slow speeds particularly at peak times are wide spread across the vodafone network and not related to individual connections.  Are vodafone going to acknowledge this and confirm something is going to be done to rectify the situation, instead of wasting customers time carrying out basic troubleshooting over and over again!

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/8288-peak-and-off-peak-performance-at-the-largest-uk-broadband-p...

View more options
16 REPLIES

Hey @Davehugh, have you been in touch with our Broadband care team to go through troubleshooting? 

View more options

Yes had had about 10 online chats, multiple phone calls to tech2, non existent call backs from another team,  missing text messages with further instructions, 2 new routers, an engineers visit and another engineers visit booked for tomorrow despite the first engineer making it very clear that the line was in A1 condition.  I’ve spent far too long wasting time and paying money paying for a product that is clearly having widespread problems not related to my own connection.  All I really want now is to get out of my contract without penalty and move on with someone else.

View more options
10: Established

Davehugh I honestly belive these mods are not actually reading anything they are just copying and pasting from a script,   there's like 100s of people with this issue and they still treat it as a 1 person issue lol

And now we have evidence from thinkbroadband - I've never met a company so incompetent in my life.

View more options

I think your right.  Perhaps we should respond to every thread with the think broadband link see if it actually gets a response!

View more options
13: Advanced Member

have you tried changing your wifi channel 

sorry guys/girl could not help thats one 

as a comunity we are stronger if we all stand together https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Home-Phone/i-have-emailed-the-complaints-team/td-p/2621027

View more options
12: Established

I've just had an OR engineer come out this morning.  He confirmed the line was perfect, and there was no issues in the house, or the line to the cab.  This speed tests all showed substandard performance.

He then phoned VF, who said "we are a bunch of clowns and should never have requested an engineer for a throughput issue.  Stand down, and we'll contact the customer".  Top work there guys!

Guess I'll have for 48 working hours for VF to phone me and tell me what they are going to do next.  #shambles

View more options

I'm really sorry to hear we've not been able to get this issue resolved and apologise for any inconvenience that's been caused.

So we can access your account to take a look into the problems you've been having @Davehugh, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

Had another visit from an engineer on Saturday who confirmed he had a wasted visit and the line is in a1 condition.  Tech 2 called back today and after them trying to tell me "the problem has been fixed", and that it could be a wifi issue and a further offer of a new router, I lost my rag and told them to read there own forums, look at think broadbands peak time performance survey and stop wasting evryones time.  

After a short delay he came to explain to expain that he has spoken with 10 people with the same issue and they have congestion on the network which is now amber.  He assured me that this would be resolved in a maximum of 2 months.  He agreed to make a note on my account that if it is not resolved in 2 Months that I would be able to leave my contract without penalty.  As it happens I have a healthy 4g contract which gives me 2-3 times the speed of my landline, so will use that when I have issues and wait it out for a while.  I'm tired of wasting time with this thing and recieving the worst customer service I have ever seen.

View more options

Sorry to say you have been lied to . When vodafone request a job bt will give vodafone a time scale for the job . A amber. Is only a warning that's it's getting close to capacity.so no job will be raised  So if vodafone are calling it a cable link issue they know all about it  .you need to ring the complaints team up and complaint because you are entitled to compensation untill the issue is fixed .plus the complaints team will tell you the truth .more like 6-12 month 

View more options

It’s extremely unlikely that it would take 12 months for us to upgrade a fibre link @gipjon. We proactively monitor capacity across our network with the aim to ensure any problematic links are upgraded before this creates any customer impact. If we do need to upgrade a link, it normally take about 6 weeks.

Blair

View more options

then i would suggest that you have a look at the notes on my account and you will see that bt has not given any time scale for the cable link issue ,have you got any idea how log it takes for work permits and health and safety report . i would also suggest that you listen to the phone call i had with the escalations department as they told me in detail how long it will take and why , do you even know what a cable link issues is and how you fix one . 

View more options

Great news as this issues https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/8288-peak-and-off-peak-performance-at-the-largest-uk-broadband-p... is back in december , then by the end of the week every ones broadband will be working 100% normal as this only takes 6 weeks ,    champagne on Friday cant wait , 

View more options

I don’t have access to your account @gipjon as we can only help with general enquiries on our forum.

It does sound like your particular issue might have been affected by matters outside of our control.

I’m sorry if you've had to wait for a resolution. We do aim to upgrade cable links as fast as it’s possible to do so.

Blair

View more options

No it is just a vodafone issue .but to be fair on vodafone you did say it would get worse befor it got better 

View more options
2: Seeker

I was so excited when I got new Fibre broadband. I was thinking 100Mbits download and 100Mbits uploading is what I need. It was 3 weeks ago. Today I cancelled my new Vodafone Brodband and I back to my old phone line BT broadband. Max Vodafone download speed >20Mbits through FTP or any other ports then 80 , definitely they have some problems or speed limits. For me 20Mbits it’s not acceptable. 

View more options
9: Established

@Davehugh wrote:

He assured me that this would be resolved in a maximum of 2 months.  He agreed to make a note on my account that if it is not resolved in 2 Months that I would be able to leave my contract without penalty.  

Did he also agree that you shouldn't  be paying the contracted monthly 'acceptable service'  rate and arrange for a partial rebate for your inconvenience to date and a discount for the further duration of the substandard service you are actually getting?

It is all very one sided this contract thing...  we enter in a contract in which we agree to buy a service from Vodafone for a minimum of eighteen months AND also agree to pay an early termination fee if we break the terms of the contract by leaving VF early.    We reasonably expect as a minimum an acceptably functional broadband service and the is nothing in Vodafone's advertising material to suggest that that expectation can't or won't be met.

On the other hand,  if when Vodafone break their side of the contract with a thoroughly substandard and not fit for purpose service provision they expect us to either put up with it or pay to get out of it.

Disgraceful - easily the worst service provider I have ever encountered and best yet, they are currently insisting that I pay 'over two hundred quid' (their terminology rather than mine) to get out of their substandard service.  What can you expect from a company whose technical team have (according to customer services/complaints) agreed I can continue to use an EE branded / provided router to make their (VF) service bearable?  In return for that, an unspecified discount on monthly charge will be offered.

I'd be embarrassed to tell a customer of mine to use a direct competitors equipment to make the service I offer acceptable... hey ho.  

View more options