Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Speed Drops Every Evening

Chris34731
2: Seeker

Hi

I pay for super fibre 2 sync speed in the app shows 73mb but i never get this done a cable speed test on my ps5 getting 32mb 10mb upload, same on my £1200 gaming laptop which has a gigabit lan card.

I'm sure Vodafone are throttling speeds because its the same crap every night around this time you do a speed test around 11pm i get 65mb again.

WIFI tests are the same stood next to the router on 5ghz you phone customer service and get fobbed off with the same crap every time which makes no difference at all, no engineer has been offered to look into this and it takes me days at a time to get back to me

seriously had enough now, sync speed means nothing in my opinion if you can get close to what your paying for at 11pm at night whys it different at 8pm

6 REPLIES 6

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Chris34731 - At a time like this I understand how important it is to have a stable connection, we certainly want to help get your speeds up to where they should be 😊

On the Broadband app, if you run a Sync Speed test and you are below your Minimum Guaranteed Speed you would be eligible for a discount and your app would make you aware of this.

So that we can check your account and run some tests on your line, could you contact us on social media?

Be sure to include your full name and landline/account number when dropping us a DM!

PW2410

I see a similar thing myself and have given up on contacting Vodafone, I am tired of the "remove faceplate from your telephone socket and plug the router directly in ..." "connect your laptop via cable ..." "disconnect all your wi-fi devices" "use the Google DNS servers" (this one is my favorite).

The performance is poor and customer services does not service, my contract is up soon and I will be gone.

Don't even see the point in dropping all your WiFi devices what's the point in even having broadband if that's the only solution they have if they tell me that I'll point blank tell them no they need to sort there stuff out 

So tonight again low speeds in peak times 14mb download 10mb upload but guess what sync speed always shows me 73mb this speedtest result was from a few days ago 

Screenshot_20201215-210616.png

Screenshot_20201215-210432.png

These speed tests were the same on their own router I am using a different router as I was advised by Vodafone to buy my own router this was the only solution they had the WiFi has stopped dropping since using the bt whole home but the speeds are still crap 

Mozza1234

Same here. Every evening at 6pm speed drops from 50mb to 6mb and iPlayer, YouTube, etc buffering until 11pm. Absolutely sick of it , customer service really haven’t grasped the problem at all.  The connection was fine for years with Sky Broadband and BT. After reading comments about speed on here it’s a contention and or throttling issue. Why don’t Vodafone admit it? Contract up in February and back to BT

cmarkod
4: Newbie

Exactly what is happening with me too. Drops to 3/4mbps in the evening and then back up to 70 after 11. Definitely contention but I'm sure Vodaphone won't admit to that.