cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Speed Guarantee applied but looking to leave!

JimmyCooper
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all,

I'm looking for some help.

My broadband speed is under my guaranteed speed, I get 42Mbps and guarantee is 55mbps.

I already get my speed guarantee discount of 15% as line was checked and cabinet was found to be over subscribed.

I now have the opertunity to move to FTTP and was wondering if I leave my contract early will I have to pay early temination fees or can I ask for them to be waived as I don't get the advertised speed.

TIA

Jimmy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just a follow up, in case anybody has the same question.

I've spoken to Vodafone via live chat and as my broadband speed is below guaranteed speed I am free to leave without penalty even though I have speed guarantee discount applied.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @JimmyCooper 

Some official information within I-want-to-cancel-my-home-broadband-service. 

Please look carefully at the Terms and Conditions here T&C's 

Screenshot_20210209-053224_Samsung Internet.jpg

And the explanation of Broadband Speeds from Vodafone here Broadband-speeds - Pdf  and call 191 from a Vodafone phone or 0333 3040191 or call 08080 034 515  (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week.

Live Chat can help too.

They'll officially advise on how to cancel and any applicable Early Termination Fee.

Broadband-and-Home-Phone-FAQs. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/02/new-ofcom-code-of-practice-for-uk-broadband-isp-speeds...

"" the right to downgrade or exit their contract (penalty free).""

However I don't thing VodaFone are a signatory to the OFCOM document, but you could try mentioning this to hopefully strengthen your case for a Lo-Cost/No-Cost exit.

Just a follow up, in case anybody has the same question.

I've spoken to Vodafone via live chat and as my broadband speed is below guaranteed speed I am free to leave without penalty even though I have speed guarantee discount applied.

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Make sure you keep a transcript of the chat, just in case.

Got screen grabs of chat and waiting on transcript email.