bendyone
4: Newbie

My download speed has dropped this week, but upload is the same. Any ideas

DownloadDownloadUploadUpload

28 REPLIES 28

Basketballnut
2: Seeker

Mine is the same, so frustrating. I’m a new customer and it’s dropped so low I can’t use it.

Any suggestions?

I wish they would show the graphs. 

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

.@bendyone The images will show eventually. Well mine did when I put up a graph illustrating poor line speed.

willyeckaslike

same here this weekend.

been great all week, but this weekend the download speed has been through the floor on my Gigafast 900 - getting 50Mbps max if I'm lucky. Uploads running more or less full speed. Powering equipment off and back on makes no difference.

very frustrating

bendyone_0-1602581601827.png

@bendyone, thanks for the providing the graphs. Can you confirm which broadband package you're on and the device that you used for the speed tests, was this connected to the router by an Ethernet cable or WiFi? 

@Basketballnut, do you have the Vodafone Broadband App downloaded to check the sync speeds? If you already have it downloaded, is the speed above your minimum guaranteed speed? 

@willyeckaslike, is it just this weekend that your speed has dropped? Has there been any improvement over the past couple of days or are you still having an issue? 

I'm on the superfast 2 and used to get 62MBs  It now dropped down to 41MBs. Connected by cable. Speeds measured by a Samknows whitebox. 

yeah, seemed to drop friday night/saturday morning (can't recall exactly), but noticeable on Netflix/iPlayer streaming where the quality dropped, and on Sky Q on-demand/catch-up, where the box downloads the episode rather than streams it - a few of those failed all together. Same with any downloads via web - just crawling along. 

Speeds are now averaging less than 20Mbps on the download, essentially full speed upload (850Mbps+). Affecting all devices on the network, but I've done my testing all via CAT6 cable connected at 1Gbps between PC and router, with no wifi involved, as I know performance there can be variable. 

Still got the same issue, but i did log a call with Gigafast support yesterday. Went through all the usual basics in terms of troubleshooting, and it's now been passed to 2nd line, and i'm just waiting to hear back from them

David25890

Same for me

I noticed It was struggling to stream Netflix on the 11th so used Speedtest.net (which Vodafone recommend to use) and it’s dropped from an average of 60 down to 5. 

The 5 is across all devices, wired and wireless. The upload speed has not changed and stayed strong throughout.  The sync speed has stayed the same also, so it’s the throughput that has dropped. 

Iv been with Vodafone for 18 months with 0 problems. The routers in the same place, connected to the same devices and nothings different in my set up to cause this drop in speed.

I spoke to Vodafone last night who couldn’t find anything wrong with my line and told me to keep checking it for 72 hours and if there is no improvement then they will send an engineer out. 

I highly doubt the engineer could fix it as it is not a line issue. My speeds are so slow tonight I can’t stream anything or connect online on PlayStation.

I’m so bored and annoyed