main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Speed 'guarantee' & the worst customer service I have experienced

Highlighted
4: Newbie

Well, what can I say… I signed up hoping that I would be lucky, and not be another unfortunate person dealing with a Vodafone broadband issue.

Sadly, this isn’t the case.

Dealing with the customer service here is just awful.

The online text chat is a waste of time, they say the issue is being looked into, although have no detail of what they are doing, and the reps on the phone are a disgrace- argumentative and obtuse.

Service activated 10 days ago on fibre 2 and not getting fibre 1 speeds…. I asked if they are looking into how they can increase speeds and told there is no fault so they are not.

I ask if openreach have been tasked to look into the issue and the ‘supervior’ re-reads me the script and argues further that they have fulfilled the so called ‘Guarantee’.

Even better, when I ask what my options are, I am told that I can pay to cancel- no other option apparently.

Although, I am certain that the terms say something about 14 days cooling?!

Pretty poor experience so far, not impressed.

View more options
29 REPLIES 29

If you are within the 14 days then cancell ASAP otherwise you will regret it!

View more options

Thank you.

Amazing that they misinform customers.

Ideally I'd like to look at the issue and try and resolve....

View more options

Hi.

Just read the threads on hear and you will find that is a highly unlikely scenario. The chat system of reporting is useless and despite asking for an email of the transcript it never gets sent and the telephone advisors dont know what they are talking about most times and just go by the script. Its also very bad to advise customers to use social media to try and resolve the problems as not everyone uses it. But, I wish you luck where others have sadly failed.

View more options

I’ll keep updating here on the progress..

I still can’t quite believe how barb  the customer service is... I mean, you hear stories and think it can’t be that bad, but it really is!

social media?  I have a ‘gaming’ twitter account with over 20k followers. Do Vodafone want tweets to go out to let people know how bad it is? Not sure why they would want people to communicate the poor service on socials.

View more options

Hey @tradeout - sorry you're not getting the speeds you should be, I know how frustrating this must be. 

We'll need to access your account to help get you up and running properly - please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

View more options

Are the support staff different to the people on the phone lines and web chat?

View more options

I messaged support on twitter....

A representative came along to tell me that I'm getting 50Mbps on the line (I'm not even synced at 35Mbps) and then disappeared.

So, it looks like the quality of the support on socials is just as poor as your other channels. 

Honestly, how can customer service be this poor. 

View more options

@tradeout We're a little busier than usual in our Social Media team - please be assured that once we get to your message we'll be able to get things sorted for you.

View more options

It is nothing short of a joke!

Received a message on twitter yesterday to re-validate my security checks as they hadn’t responded in 48 hours… I duly replied with details and haven’t heard anything since!

I fear that this is all a delay tactic to push me past the 30-day free cancellation period!!

View more options

Vodafone have updated their T&C's and now the cancellation period is just 14 days!

I did mention this before and gave a link to them.

View more options

The paperwork they sent me is 30 days.

View more options

Its good that you have that as there is something a bit fishey about them suddenly updating the T&C's date on the website suposedly in May to 14 days. My html download and sreenshot of it from June shows it to be 30 days as well... 

View more options

Another 3 days pass and still no contact from Vodafone...

View more options

@tradeout It looks like our team have since been in touch today - we're working to resolve this for you and will be back in touch as soon as we can.

If you'd like a more speedy response, you can speak with one of our advisers on Live Chat.

View more options

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you...

I have spoken with several members of your support team. All of them useless! 

If there is anyone there who knows what they are doing, please let me know how I can speak to them... I presume they are busy, which might mean I have cancelled by the time they get to me.

View more options

No need to apologise @tradeout - I'm sorry you've not had a great experience with our advisers and I'd love to get this turned around.

I've asked someone to contact you, they'll be in touch at some point today. Please continue to keep us updated as you have been doing. 

View more options
2: Seeker

well another week and another issue at peak times on sunday.
i also was promised 15% off my bill and someone will contact me within 48 hours.. been 7 days and still nothing. lucky for me i am out of contract . The issue is a technical one on vodafones servers and no matter how many advisors you contact or they contact you it wont solve the issue. untill they find the bottleneck in their servers it wont resolved. i'm gunna give it 7 more days till i take my business elsewhere. i lost £10 last weekend as i ordered a football match from nowtv which was impossible to watch due to speeds of less than 1mbit. now i cant even browse the internet as a simple image takes forever to load. its like being back on 56k modem.

View more options

Well guys im on the phone right now to an agent.  Apparently its my router thats faulty and will 100% fix the issue.  

Mentioned the numerous other people who are having issues, guess you guys need a new router too!

They're blaming open reach even though my line is perfectly fine.  

View more options