main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Speed reducing on a daily basis

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Having reported speed issues on 9/5/19 which increased speed to 20.9 the service is getting slower ond slower almost on a daily basis. See snapshots of speed tests over the past period42FEAF3B-112C-49CE-8B37-884989EA7862.jpeg

70AB2DD8-CDCA-4BB8-9344-F4383119BABA.png

31CE5040-566D-4149-93D3-B1DC6A0C0D31.png

We are a family of 4 with several devices and smart tv’s which are struggling. The 15% discount does not compensate for the poor service. Can it be fixed or do I terminate my contract and look elsewhere?

hope somebody can help

10 REPLIES 10
15: Advanced member

You'll probably need to be speaking directly to Vodafone's tech support.

In many cases, you're better off using any of the speed test services over a wired connection rather than on a phone.  While the download speed using these servers is always going to be lower than your sync speed, it shouldn't be significantly lower (more than 10% less and you have problems!).

The Vodafone router is particularly appalling on the 2.4GHz band, for reasons that only Vodafone knows (the same chipset appears in many other devices that do not suffer the same issues).

*Not using the VF router, but at any one time there are at least a dozen (sometimes more than twice that number) devices on the network here! 

View more options

THanks Keith, I am building up to another hours call to their techs team, fingers crossed.

i was hoping that their techie team are in touch with this forum and that they may proactively react

Cheers and Thanks 

ken

View more options

Hey @Kens988! I'm disappointed you're speeds aren't where they should be, I'd love to help with this.  Have you tried changing any of the router's settings? I'd recommend doing this to improve the connection over Wi-Fi. There's a step by step guide on how to do this here.

If you need any assistance doing this or if you've already tried these steps, pop us a message on Facebook (Vodafone UK), Twitter (Vodafone UK) or Live Chat (click here). 

Ross 

View more options

Things improved after a few days..... did Vodafone tweet something but now it’s worse than ever, see recent speed tests

@Kens988 It's disappointing to hear your speeds improved for a day and now you're having issues again. So a member of our team can get this looked into and perform some troubleshooting steps with you, please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Don't forget to include the link to this thread, along with your username.

View more options

As requested I am connected via twitter(new account/user) but am not getting anyone to respond

View more options

Phoned 191 and spoke to an agent. Now awaiting an engineer ref FLT09372089 after spending 30 minutes on phone with agent waiting for tech department response.

View more options
4: Newbie

I'm not trying to be rude - but have you not read any of the 100's of previous posts before yours that have exactly the same issues.

Vodafone cannot fix these issues - they have been going on since February (maybe earlier). 

It is not worth the time and effort going through these hoops, when the underlying Network and Equipment in the Exchanges cannot handle the amount of traffic.  You will experience a high level of frustration and stress for what reason?  To save a few quid?

If you do not leave in the 30 day cooling off period you will be stuck with this service until you can force a cancellation out of them.

There are plenty of other providers.  I went from SKY (7 years) to Vodafone (3 days) to Plusnet (3 months)....  SKY and Plusnet both have working Networks with fast low latency fibre connections that work.

I am trying to help you here - if you are within the cooling off period signup to another provider and LEAVE. 

NOW.

View more options

Openreach engineer came yesterday and reset line also reconnected wires in the by box and replaced an outside piece of wire. Speed test showed 19mbt so very happy. Engineer reckons it will level off at about 15mbt at best so we will wait and see.

View more options