cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Super fast broadband connection rubbish!!

Archie23
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

After my father suddenly passed away I decided to take on his Vodafone contract phone phone landline and broadband after purchasing a new telly and phone and playing a lot more online gaming decided my internet speed was too slow no programmes films and games kept buffering so decided to do say upgrade?!?! so upgraded to super fast 2 & was told to wait a few days for the speeds to upgrade and change so I did?!?& Still the same nothing was any different so decided to wait a few days before making a call , so finally had enough and made the call was passed around to different people etc to be told even though I had been with Vodafone for some time and my neighbors are with Vodafone that I'm unable to get super fast broadband here even though I'm paying for it so I explained that yes I can and I've just upgraded I'm not a new customer so a little pause and then I yes sorry my mistake you have a fault we will send you a engineer out but first can you try changing the channels on your router I said yes I have done this already I she said the engineer will be with you tomorrow, so waited alday no one arrived so gave them one more day nothing so I called to be told sorry we are busy someone will be there tomorrow ok so once again I waited and surprise no one arrived!!! So I called and was told yes they did come but they didn't need to come in to my house I so whilst your on the phone I'll just check my cctv maybe they did come and the phone was put down I checked my cctv and nothing no one came !! So once again after a lot of time wasted on the phone ma and me saying what happens next to be told nothing that is all we can do to help you you I said nothing has been done so I suggested can't you send me a Wi-Fi booster the reply was no no we don't supply them m&u will have to pay for it so I did the speed was increased slightly but still not the promised super fast 2 speeds Vodafone say you will get so every month since I've been paying for this I have had a couple of pound discount and this is supposed to be sufficient seeing I'm a very good customer and the only reason I am now on this bill is because I lost my father and I had lots of problems at the star explaining he was dead and I am now taking on the contract to still receive emails and post in his name which was quite upsetting I feel that Vodafone or not giving customers the the correct loyalty and products we are paying for thanks

12 REPLIES 12

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

CANCEL if you can, and try elsewhere.

CabinetTest.png

I just got the broadband activated on the 8th and seeing people’s posts I’ve done the right thing to cancel the broadband within the 14 days. Horrible speeds after 8pm and I also live right next to the “green box”. I moved from BT to Vodafone but now going to go back to BT! 

And to make it even worse I get better speeds through Vodafone 4G on my iPhone than the super fast 2 package after 8pm. Netflix is barely watchable and would hate to see it when I want to watch 4K football during the week!

Here’s some speedshots. Check times and which severs used 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Archie23 I'm really sorry to see you had this experience when upgrading your broadband with us and that you're not achieving your guaranteed speeds with your booster. So we can take a closer look into why this may be happening along with ensuring your comments are fed back to help improve our future customer service, please drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter. We'll then be able to take your details securely and get to the bottom of this for you.

Hi and thanks for the reply so once again I'm trying to watch something and non-stop buffering!!! I've done a number of speed checks today and the last few days and my speeds are really really really poor!!!! 

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Archie23 Firstly you need to establish if your poor speeds are due to Wi-Fi (most likely) or sync speeds. If you could post your line specs it may help. You should be able to cut and paste them from the router DSL status, like this:

Line Quality

Downstream Upstream
Current Rate79314 kbps20000 kbps
Maximum Rate80005 kbps29323 kbps
Signal-to-Noise Ratio5.8 dB11.6 dB
AttenuationDS1 9.1 dB, DS2 22.2 dB, DS3 34.5 dBUS0 2.1 dB, US1 15.3 dB, US2 24.7 dB
Power12.7 dBm4.6 dBm
CRC Errors in last 4479 minute(s)0868
K (number of bytes in DMT frame)00
R (number of bytes in RS code word)100
S (RS code word size in DMT frame)0.09800.3819
D (interleaver depth)81
Delay0 ms0 ms

Screenshot_20200930-205454.png

Screenshot_20200930-210145.png

Screenshot_20200930-210718.png

 this is what I get ever since I've joined and upgraded.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for updating us @Archie23 - I've not been able to track down your messages to us. Have the team responded to your query? If not, please ensure your Community username is included in your message on Facebook or Twitter and we can track this down for you 👍