Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Superfast 1 fibre broadband the Ultimate Broadband Guarantee is 25 Mbps

BH860
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I complained to Vodafone on May 6, 2020 that my download speed was, on average, 11 Mps. I was given a 15% discount off my monthly bill and told it was being investigated. 3 months later there was no improvement and no contact from support. I lodged a complaint on August 12 (ref: 12208604) and the response was 'someone will be in touch within 48 hours' I heard nothing. I contacted support line last week and via online chat explained the situation, again. Still no resolution! I telephoned support 21 August. I was told someone would investigate the issue and they would call me between noon and 3.00pm on 23 August. No call!  I do not want a 15% discount for a service which is 44% of what Vodafone are contracted to provide. 

I have been with Vodafone since Nov, 2019. I had a different problem from day 1 which took until 6 April 2020 to resolve. This was after I contacted Vodafone UK CEO's office, Nick Jeffrey. Do I need to do this again to resolve, what is, a very simple issue for Vodafone to resolve. It is not an Openreach issue, which someone from Vodafone suggested. I have checked with my neighbours on their speed, they do not have anywhere near the degradation that I have.   

13 REPLIES 13

Jayach
16: Advanced member

How are you measuring your download speed?

If it is over wifi try it hard wired.

What is your sync speed?

Thx for the response.

I have tested using both wifi and hard wired and there is virtually no difference.  My last, 10 mins ago, hard wire test(tried 2 different test servers) gave me a download speed of 7.5Mps.  According to the Vodafone app my Sync speed is 11.7Mps.

Jayach

If your sync speed is only 11.7 Mbs then it may be an Openreach problem.

What does the BT checker give for your connection? ( It's the VDSL Range A (Clean) and (impacted) figures that are what you should expect)

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/

Thx for the link.

VDSL Range A  -  High - 23.9,  Low - 16.5. 

Impacted  -  High - 23.8,  Low - 13.1 

Jayach

You should definitely expect a higher sync. Do you remember what speed you were quoted when you signed up?

I was quoted a Minimum download speed of 15 Mbps and a Maximum of 23.04 Mbps.

Jayach

It would appear that because of your distance from the cabinet you will never get 25 Mbs.

Have you checked your sync speed when connected to the test socket (if you have one)?

Perhaps showing my naivety here!  I can get full fibre 900 broadband from BT at my address, which gives substantially more than the 25Mbps promised by Vodafone. Why does the distance from the cabinet limit what I can get as per the Sync Speed guarantee from Vodafone. It sounds like the software managing the broadband is imposing the limit not the distance from the cabinet.

Thx for your input!

Jayach

The 900 Mbs is full fibre to the premises (FTTP) the 25 Mbs is copper from the cabinet to the your home (FTTC). The longer the copper run the more the loss of signal

Are you sure the FTTP service is available. Have Openreach laid in the fibre yet.