Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Superfast 2 Sync speed appears capped

Shellshocked77
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have superfast 2 and for the last month or so my sync speed has  halved to exactly 17.   It doesn't really change regardless of time of day.   I've previously had issues and engineers out twice now who have said there is no line issues and it has been management caps vodafone side. They reset at the cabinet and it returns back to 34 ish.  Vodafone sent be this message today

. We?ve been looking into the slower speeds you?ve been getting with your broadband service. Unfortunately, we won?t be able to meet the ultimate speed we told you about when you ordered ? we?re very sorry. So to honor our Ultimate Speed Guarantee, we?re giving you a 15% discount on your monthly cost for the lifetime of your current package

I don't understand how my speed can halve and it cant be fixed. The fact its always exactly 17 suggest it has been capped at this speed and not a fault.   If vodafone can't honor the speed guarantee can I leave the contract free from and exit fees?

10 REPLIES 10

Thanks for the advice I've gone through the entire router options in export mode and it doesn't say VDSL2 anywhere.   It just says under 

DSL mode  - VDSL G.993.5 (VDSL)