Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Superfast 900mb, only hitting 300mb!!!!

scurrie93
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

A little background, I am a computer networking enginer with multiple years of experince.

First got the fibre 900 in and was told it could take a while to hit speeds that were promised. Fair enough.
A week later and i was still getting less than the garunteed Minimum Speed (500mb). So i contacted Vodaphone and after me having to do multiple tests and send screen shots, they said they would look at it and get in touch.

They never did, i got in contact again and again I was told to run network tests (speed tests etc) which i had already done previously and had been keeping extensive logs of tests I would run multiple times a week. They again said someone would be in touch and again no one ever did reply.

Again i contacted, this time i asked if an enginer could come out and try and determine the fault. Instead they said they couldn't do that and they would instead send a new router to see if that was the issue.

The router was not the issue, the new one came and i again ran tests and again was barely making it over the 350mb mark (even though i was supposed to be on 900mb), AGAIN i contacted vodaphone and this time I was told that they have ran tests on their end and can connect to over 500mb (the minimum garuntee... funny that), and was practically called a liar by the agent i was talking too, they have now refused to send an enginerr out and have stated that its my devices where the issue lies. It really is not my devices, I have tested out the connection with no other devices attached and the wifi turned off on a device more than capable of gigbit connections and again the service speeds have come up short.

How can i get this issue taken seriously, I have now been with vodaphone around 2 months and have never hit the minimum garuntee of 500mbs.

If i could go back i would never have signed up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@scurrie93 wrote:

Also just realised I can’t even put a complaint with the telecommunications ombudsman since vodaphone aren’t registered with them.

You can register a complaint with CISAS, but you would need to get a deadlock letter first. You would start the ball rolling on that by raising an official complaint.

Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone

View solution in original position

54 REPLIES 54

Eyaz786
4: Newbie

I was having the same issue now its perfect after changing the router 

Screenshot_20220526-051152_Speedtest.jpg

Gerry_Atric
13: Advanced Member

My issue was eventually resolved, it needed the configuration on the router corrected and the CityFibre ONT reset.

This restored full performance on the same router that Vodafone provided.

I also ended up turning off the wifi boosters as it was also causing issues with wifi performance. I'll have to look into alternatives at some point, but everything is now running as it should. 

What did you do just call vodafone customer service and ask them to reset or configure it from there end

Gerry_Atric

If you're on a Vodafone Broadband Pro package, my advice to you is to phone the Wifi Xperts team on 

08080 034 515 (open between 8 AM to 8 PM) and ask them to check your router configuration in case anything went wrong at provisioning, and mention about the speed problems you're having.

After they corrected my router configuration and I reset the CityFibre ONT, things started improving. Ethernet was well above expectations, and my WiFi worked to expectations as well once I turned off the wifi boosters.

Make sure you have a device plugged into Ethernet as they will ask you to do some speed tests on it if you're asked to hard reset your router and/or ONT etc. 

From the folks I've spoken to so far, they are a very down to earth helpful bunch based in the UK. They really do care 🙂 It's a complete contrast to the usual standards of customer care I've had to endure in the past. I hope you experience the same. Good luck, and let me know how you get on.

Please let me know which router you have used and did you need special configuration to be done on this router 

I'm using the deco x73 dsl  and yes no configuration is need works like a charm only thing you need is dsl login from vodafone.

Jayach

@Eyaz786 

Thanks for letting us know what is working for you.

Mesh system are definitely the way to go. The best system will probably differ depending on whether you are on FTTC(VDSL) or FTTP..

For anyone requiring their DSL/PPPoE login details, the best way to get them would be via live chat : https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

My speeds have been dire aswell to what I should have been getting. My downloads have always been OK getting 940ish download my problem was the upload speeds seemingly capped at 140 countless calls and chats ended because I didn't have a clue according to the xperts.

I ended up biting the bullet and buying an Asus router and once setup I am receiving the correct upload and download speeds of over 910 and as its a wifi6 router even over WiFi I'm pulling 850 download and 771 upload.

Also no more disconnected errors with the Xbox series x. 

I shouldn't have to buy my own router to sort the issue out though and even after informing the WiFi xperts that I have fixed it myself they still call me a liar

I agree the router they supplied should do the job , but since I've updated my router it works like a charm.

Gerry_Atric

The router does do the job for me, but as I may have mentioned before, the reasons for poor performance have been down to the router being misconfigured, and lately the poor latency has been down to their internal network configuration. Putting those issues aside, I have to say, the router has been working well so far. It's much better than the really bad Superhub 3 I had on VM before, not that it's particularly hard to beat I have to say!