main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Internet speed

Superfast1 sync speed at 18Mbits but no discount

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I have suoerfast1 and the sync speed is showing as 18Mbits via the BB app and 192.168.1.1

despite this being below the 25Mbit speed guarantee the app doesn't show "claim discount"

also the router is self rebooting at least once every 40 mins. I have enabled error logging and it's capturing lots

any one else seeing these issues 87053755-334D-44F2-9697-9B7F2BA88A6F.png

View more options
4 REPLIES 4

Update: found the self rebooting router and apple devices thread, and have reset the iPhone WiFi settings as suggested. Last router reboot was nearly 3 hours ago. So a definite improvement 

Sync speed as still at 18Mbits which is below the superfast1 speed promise

still no "claim discount" showing

did the support chat ref sync speed, response was change WiFi channels, change DNS, and split the WiFi. 

explained it was the exchange to router sync speed, they insisted this would fix it.....we all know it won't. And no surprise IT HASN'T

good : router seems more stable

bad : sync speed 30% below the superfast speed promise.  No discount as promised and no fix or acknowledgement there is something wrong

View more options

Hey @Oil_burner - I'm glad to hear your routers a little more stable. So we can check your sync speeds and look at applying the discount, please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

View more options

Ok,,,,Update and slow speed solved 

Vodafone did some testing and confirmed the speed was unacceptably slow, Next day BT arrived at my door to upgrade the BT sockets in the house to from NTE5A with the ADSL front plate to the new NTE5C mk4 type........

and guess what ....

15mbits suddenly to 40mbits 

I will post in a week to share if it stayed solved 

View more options

That's great to hear @Oil_burner - thanks for letting us know. Please post your results now OpenReach have changed your sockets.

View more options