Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sync Speed lower than it used to be!

ford306
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All, I've been with VF broadband for a few years now, when I first joined I wasn't getting the 50Mb they guaranteed, they sent openreach who spent hours here, they finally ran a new cable from the pole to my house and it fixed the problem. All was good for some time although it did drop a little to just below 50Mb, but I just left it as was still okay. I renewed my contract a few months ago, however I recently noticed my sync speed has dropped to 32.4, so I contacted them on live chat, they said give them 72 hours to investigate, I've now had a text to say they can't improve the speed so I will get the 15% discount for the length of my contract. I'd rather have the speed than the discount, so my question is, why did I have the speed, but now I can't! Shame I'm still in contract as I would consider leaving and going elsewhere. 

9 REPLIES 9

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Have you tried with the router in the test socket? If you could post your stats it may give some indication of where the problem may lay. (preferably whilst in the test socket)

Like this:

Line Quality

Downstream                                       Upstream
Current Rate78687 kbps20000 kbps
Maximum Rate80383 kbps28819 kbps
Signal-to-Noise Ratio6.1 dB11.5 dB
AttenuationDS1 8.8 dB, DS2 21.2 dB, DS3 33.0 dBUS0 1.9 dB, US1 14.6 dB, US2 23.4 dB
Power12.7 dBm3.3 dBm
CRC Errors in last 19978 minute(s)05210
K (number of bytes in DMT frame)00
R (number of bytes in RS code word)100
S (RS code word size in DMT frame)0.09870.3819
D (interleaver depth)81
Delay0 ms0 ms

If you are unhappy with their response I would raise a complaint and they may allow you to leave penalty free.

Vodafone complaints

But be aware if the problem is in the Openreach network you may not get higher speeds with someone else and end up paying more. (unless they can get Openreach to fix it)

ford306_0-1614870433079.pngford306_1-1614870465750.png

Jayach

Unfortunately your pictures haven't been moderated yet, however what does the BT checker say you should get?

BT Broadband (btwholesale.com)

Cutting and pasting or adding the pictures as attachments allows us to see the reply quicker.

I've attached screenshots here, my router doesn't seem to let me cut and paste!

Actually attached them this time!

Attached from BT wholesale

Jayach

Well the BT checker says you should definitely have a higher sync. Have you tried in the test socket?

Are you still using the old HHG modem, I would have thought they would have given you the THG3000 when you re-contracted. 

If using the test socket doesn't improve the sync (You will be looking for a higher sync or SNR) and If they are unwilling to call out Openreach again then changing ISP may be the only solution.

All done, VF agreed to credit the early termination fee, signed up with another provider, I'll see if they're any better.

Thanks for your help!

Jayach

Do let us know how it goes. It's always useful information to help others with similar problems