Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sync speed guarantee.

kidneybean
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have recently renewed my super fast 2 subscription and for the first month have been getting a sync speed of 50 mbps. Over the last week or so the speed has been getting slower and slower, now at 23.3mbps. When I try to claim the discount through the app the message I get is "Unfortunately you're not eligible for a discount". Why is this the case when I am getting nowhere near the sync speed I was "guaranteed" when I renewed the contract.

16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the app is still as it was, you have to keep visiting the sync speed every day for around 10 days - after which it should be magically applied.

I would say however if my sync speed dropped that much I'd probably have been on the phone by now!

In my experience phoning or live chatting to broadband providers is an exercise in futility. Just end up speaking to someone on the other side of the world who is working to a script. They will try the whole test socket, wait and it will improve, we are monitoring it angle. Then if they have to, will send out a new router. The only method of getting a problem sorted I have found in the past is through a forum or by complaining through a site called resolver.co.uk, where the issue gets pushed up the food chain.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@kidneybean wrote:

In my experience phoning or live chatting to broadband providers is an exercise in futility. Just end up speaking to someone on the other side of the world who is working to a script. They will try the whole test socket, wait and it will improve, we are monitoring it angle.

The only method of getting a problem sorted I have found in the past is through a forum or by complaining through a site called resolver.co.uk, where the issue gets pushed up the food chain.

Unfortunately this forum is completely different. It's actually worse than phoning/chat, unless you want to be told to use social media. (Also useless)

Thanks for the heads up. If the sync speed doesn’t improve significantly over the next week I will try the live chat once, then go down the resolver route. Seemed to work last time Vodafone reneged on their promises.

Jayach

If you have just renewed your Superfast 2 contract, what sync speed did you have before?

Have there been any other changes such as a new router?

I have been getting 50+mbps consistently for a good 6 months. Coincidentally since I last complained through resolver. Nothing has changed my end. I didn’t even receive a new router when I renewed so am still using the original one supplied when I switched from TalkTalk.

Jayach

If you were getting under 55Mbs and were covered by the guarantee you should have been getting it all along.

I'm not sure if new contracts are covered by it.

Vodafone drops broadband speed guarantee | thinkbroadband

Looks like they could have moved the goal posts! I was not made aware of this when I signed up for a new contract. I will go through the small print tomorrow.

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'd love to help you get to the bottom of this @kidneybean Please drop us a message on our Social Media channels here. We'll also be sure to run some diagnostic tests to better understand what's going on with your minimum guaranteed speeds.