Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sync speed guarantee.

kidneybean
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have recently renewed my super fast 2 subscription and for the first month have been getting a sync speed of 50 mbps. Over the last week or so the speed has been getting slower and slower, now at 23.3mbps. When I try to claim the discount through the app the message I get is "Unfortunately you're not eligible for a discount". Why is this the case when I am getting nowhere near the sync speed I was "guaranteed" when I renewed the contract.

16 REPLIES 16

I do not use any of the social media platforms. Is it not possible to continue using this forum?

Jayach
16: Advanced member

If you don't want to use the social media channels (and to be honest, I think they are a waste of time) you will need to call free on 08080 034 515.  You may also be able to use chat, but calling would be my preference.

Jayach

@Jayach wrote: Unfortunately this forum is completely different. It's actually worse than phoning/chat, unless you want to be told to use social media. (Also useless)
@Farai wrote: We'd love to help you get to the bottom of this @kidneybean Please drop us a message on our Social Media channels here. We'll also be sure to run some diagnostic tests to better understand what's going on with your minimum guaranteed speeds. 

Told you.

No internet at all yesterday, had to cancel a zoom course at short notice (boss not happy). Spent all afternoon on the phone to support. They eventually got it reconnected but the sync speed is still way below what it should be. When I queried this I was fed the "it will improve in 72 hours" line. My contract states a guaranteed minimum of 41.2mbps, at the moment I am getting 25. And yet according to the app am not "eligible for a discount". I will give it until Monday, then try the complaints route (not impressed with support). I signed up for a 24 month contract and want out after 1 month!

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you've not had the best start with us @kidneybean. As we may need to access your account to take a closer look into the issue you're experiencing, we'd need you to confirm some personal details, as this is a public forum, we're unable to do this here. I'm glad to see your issue was resolved when you called us and I'm sure everything will return to normal over the weekend, but if it doesn't, our team will be more than happy to help. If you change your mind and decide to contact us via social media, we're available 24/7 and will be happy to look into your issue while you enjoy the rest of your day.

I do not use social media. Can you explain why I am not eligible for a discount when I am paying for 65mbps, guaranteed a minimum of 41.2 and only getting 25?

Jayach

As @Mark says they have no access to your account on here. If you don't use social media (and to be honest they are pretty useless) you could call or use chat. Go to this page: https://support.vodafone.co.uk/?usertype=Consumer and scroll down to where it says "Give us a call" and click "Get number".