main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Internet speed

Sync speed low

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi. Our broadband sync speed dropped to 25Mbps or lower 6 weeks ago. We were given the discount while Vodafone sort out the problem. It has been 70Mbps plus for a few years. Didn't see any improvement and heard nothing so contacted Vodafone a couple of times on online chat. Second time was two weeks ago and was told it was a problem with the wiring at the exchange and would be sorted out in 2-3 days. Still no improvement as of today so contacted Vodafone again. Spent an hour getting nowhere really.

What can I do? Can I cancel the service for free due to lack of service? Our contract still has more than one year to run.

Thanks for any help.

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

I have lost about 20mb over the last week or so also, you could complain and go through Ofcom if needs be to cancel, however i do not think the issue is with Vodafone. I think it's with the network ans open reach.

The majority of the world is now working from home so that will have an impact. My contract ended in December i have started to switch talktalk but after reading about them on twitter and the lack of support and how many people are complaining about the same things i think i will just stay where i am for now.

Plus you could be without the internet for a few days if you switch, i know they say they will switch on a specific day, but they way things are at present, it may be better the devil you know.

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks Wayne. Yeah you're likely right. It would be a nightmare changing at the mo. It has been 6 weeks since they dropped the speed. It's as much the lack of them sorting it out as much as anything.

View more options
Highlighted

Hey @garybyrne, thanks for reaching out to us. We'd like to take a look into your case to see if there's any further updates. 

Please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

View more options