Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sync speed low

garybyrne
2: Seeker

Hi. Our broadband sync speed dropped to 25Mbps or lower 6 weeks ago. We were given the discount while Vodafone sort out the problem. It has been 70Mbps plus for a few years. Didn't see any improvement and heard nothing so contacted Vodafone a couple of times on online chat. Second time was two weeks ago and was told it was a problem with the wiring at the exchange and would be sorted out in 2-3 days. Still no improvement as of today so contacted Vodafone again. Spent an hour getting nowhere really.

What can I do? Can I cancel the service for free due to lack of service? Our contract still has more than one year to run.

Thanks for any help.

3 REPLIES 3

wayne8766

I have lost about 20mb over the last week or so also, you could complain and go through Ofcom if needs be to cancel, however i do not think the issue is with Vodafone. I think it's with the network ans open reach.

The majority of the world is now working from home so that will have an impact. My contract ended in December i have started to switch talktalk but after reading about them on twitter and the lack of support and how many people are complaining about the same things i think i will just stay where i am for now.

Plus you could be without the internet for a few days if you switch, i know they say they will switch on a specific day, but they way things are at present, it may be better the devil you know.

Thanks Wayne. Yeah you're likely right. It would be a nightmare changing at the mo. It has been 6 weeks since they dropped the speed. It's as much the lack of them sorting it out as much as anything.

Dabbs
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @garybyrne, thanks for reaching out to us. We'd like to take a look into your case to see if there's any further updates. 

Please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker.