Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sync speeds even worse after engineer visit

Webchuzz
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Long story short, for a good few months after joining Vodafone, my router used to sync to D/U speeds of 74Mbps/20Mbps.

After a while, it started slowly decreasing and for a long time I was getting 69Mbps/20Mbps.

Then, roughly two weeks ago, not sure what happened, it was now syncing to 54Mbps/20Mbps, even though the max rate for download was still showing 74Mbps with an SNR margin of 12dB, which made me believe this was just the DLM intervening, so I tried to reach Vodafone via Live Chat, which promptly booked an engineer visit.

Cue today, immediately after the Openreach engineer leaves the premises (not my actual flat, but the room where the building cabling is), my router is now syncing to 52Mbps/16Mbps (note that now the upload speed was slashed as well) and the max rate for download went down all the way from 74Mbps to 55Mbps, now with an SNR margin of 6dB.

Also, the upstream attenuation is now through the roof, for some reason? Used to be in the range of ~20dB and it's now at over 100dB (!)

vf_sync.png

Surely, from the data presented, the engineer effectively made the connection even worse? I have now been connected to the test socket with a perfectly functional filter for a week, so it's definitely not something inside the flat.

Appalling - I have reached Vodafone to address an issue and it's even worse now.

1 REPLY 1

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Webchuzz, I'm sorry to hear things haven't improved with your speeds following the engineer's visit! If you're experiencing similar speeds again today, please drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter and we'll be able to take a look into the engineer's notes as well as run our tests on your line. 

Please include your Community username and the link to your post when popping us a message - you then won't need to write your query out again and we'll take a closer look for you.