Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sync speeds since moving house

uncletimmy
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Since moving house in September 2020 my sync speeds off the router have been 26 up to 39 meg. The router is about a foot way from the master socket. Every time I go to the Vodafone app it says "were looking into the issue". Im paying for superfast 2 but some days not even getting Superfast 1 speeds. The line has been active for about three weeks. 

Any help/advice appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Firstly what speed were you told to expect by Vodafone?

What speed does the router say you are synced at? 

Does it record any cuts under DSL status?

Before moving house was promised 44 meg DL speed but have no written proof of this. The router is plugged directly into master socket and I am using the Vodafone BB app on my phone.

Hi

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/02/new-ofcom-code-of-practice-for-uk-broadband-isp-speeds...

In short, the revised code requires ISPs to inform customers about their MGALS speed upfront (instead of on request), along with details about upload performance and the speeds that people can expect at peak times.

* Providers must now show the line’s MGALS download speed before sale (at present you only receive the MGALS figure upon request).

* Providers will be given 1 month to resolve a problem where the speed falls below the MGALS level and if they fail then the customer must be allowed to exit their contract, penalty free.

Gordon_P
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

It’s probably the distance to the street cabinet from your house.

Normally the fibre connects the exchange to the cabinet and then a copper cable connects the cabinet to your router and this is the distance which determines the speed.  There’s nothing Vodafone or Openreach can do about this unless you have a Fibre to Home connection available in your area which means the fibre goes all the way from your router to the exchange, but will cost more.

I have the same problem as the Vodafone website said I could get up to 71 Mbps, but once installed I couldn’t get more than 44 Mbps so was given the 15% discount.

Jayach

You can check what BT think your line is capable of here:

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL