Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Terrible speed drop on gigafast

Covered_in_Jam
2: Seeker

I'm on the 200Mbps gigafast service (Stirling).  Today, from around 4pm my dl has dropped to 0.8Mbps > 1.6Mbps.  I normally range from 198Mbps > 217Mbps

Used chat and was told to call tech.  My call was never answered; I listened to your terrible hold music for 1.5 hours.   This is not good customer service!!

34 REPLIES 34

Midges

I am also In Stirling with Gigafast 200mbps was down to 0.75 download last night. On chat last night - and engineer called this morning and told me to screen shot hard wired speedtests to them over the next few days as wifi compromises the speed - Surely not to the extent its non existent!!  It seems to be peak times as this morning the speed is back up. Not a happy midge! 

I stayed up until 1205am and I was syncing in at 217mbps

Even using the Wi-Fi on the 5gz mode i was syncing in @ 215mbps

At 10pm last night my Wifi dl was up to 27mbps. (At least it was usable) Gave up after that until this morning and it was back to 217 mbps. 

Tech guy wouldnt comment on  ‘peak times’ overload..... 🤔🤦‍♀️

Also a gripe with the broadband app.... on their website you are supposed to check download speed via the app..... dont even have that option on mine. 

mcguire1978

Hi I am also in stirling(braehead) , i am 500 package . My speeds havent been right after 3 days of installation(20th aug) done various tests with speed test by wifi and earthnet cable different makes off equipment used also . Engineer out today(2nd sept) as day off installation no tests could be carried out as wasnt up and running till later in the evening off 20th aug after calls from myself because they hadnt synced router with setting. I have spoke to gigafast team they are more than helpful but my issue still running and nobody knows what is causing it . 

GaryEa

Stirling as well and exact same issues.  There is clearly a problem going on but Vodafone seem determined to claim its my fault or the systems that I use to do speedtests on.

So, I have tested the connection on several sites tonight after getting in from Work:

All of them are consisent; no issues.  Just as they were consisent, last night, at telling me the system was essentially down.  I find it hilaraious when I am told these tools are useless.  See the attachment.

I need this connection for my Shadow - the image on the right.  Without it, I cannot stream my remote PC, not at 0.8mbps anyway.  At least my connection from their end has always remained stable at a true 1Gbps!!!

Covered_in_jam, im feeling your pain! Came in from work at 5pm and my dl speed was 8.40 mbps. Great this will get worse and thought at least this way I have proof to send them. Been testing speed regularly since then and its been fine.  🤔 mind you its the weekends for the last two weeks that has been poor. 

Maybe they have fixed it.....😉

mcguire1978

I was wondering if anybodys gigafast is back to normal or is there still issues , my speed is still low was just wondering about everybody else.

@mcguire1978

my speeds have been normal this week but they always have been during the week. Its the weekends especially Sunday afternoon/evening that it drops to nearly unusable.