Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Terrible speed drop on gigafast

Covered_in_Jam
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm on the 200Mbps gigafast service (Stirling).  Today, from around 4pm my dl has dropped to 0.8Mbps > 1.6Mbps.  I normally range from 198Mbps > 217Mbps

Used chat and was told to call tech.  My call was never answered; I listened to your terrible hold music for 1.5 hours.   This is not good customer service!!

34 REPLIES 34

I'm still having speed issues.  Although it's not dropping as low as it did at the weekend, my wired connection is sitting at around 30 mbps and wifi is 20 mbps when I'm meant to get 72 mbps.

A 3rd line engineer is meant to give me a call back today to look further into it. 

One thing to do is log the speeds a diferent times of the day as it at peak times that most people are experiencing problems. If it is a peak time problem then a line engineer, who will only come out during the day, will not see what the problem is and say its OK.

My connection seems fine now.  Not noticed any drops anyway.  Still syncing in around 190> 217mbps.  This makes me a happy jam man.

Speeds still terrible waiting on Vodafone area manager coming out , got my bill in still being charged full rate not even put 5.00 discount on my contract as promised if you had mobile contract when you took gigafast, just spent hour and half trying to get it sorted , now got 5.00 off bill which is 33.00 and 15% cause not got correct speed its something , but will wait and see when direct debit comes off if applied , customer service a joke.

How are the speeds on Gigafast now?

I am in Bannockburn and haven't signed up yet, as i am wary due to all the posts on the forum about very low speeds on the Vodafone network, especially at peak times and weekends.

Hi, speeds are still low , 2nd line technical team are in constant contact with me cant fault them, they are looking at issue, it seems to be a select few in area I had to give more tests from different servers yesterday for 3rd line to try and track issue , I would hang off just now to see if issue gets resolved.

Last weekend my speeds seem to be back to what they should be. Spoke to a technical guy yesterday to confirm speeds had improved and he said that gigafast team are aware of the issues. Not acceptable for customers but cant fault the technical team. Time will tell.....

I've been monitoring speeds daily.  It seems to come and go.  Quite often I'll drop to <20mbps, which makes it impossible to use my shadow account. 

Tonight @ 21.45 I suffered some lag in my stream..... not working anymore.  I'm syncing in at 5mbps or lower.

We really shouldn't be having these issues with fibre.  I was with EE fttc for 20 months; on a >70mbps service (though i was syncing in at 100mbps!)   I never had one single issue..... ever.

Anyone else having issues this evening?

Shocked is all i can say, phoned technical team who have been really good but today was a bit of shock . Phoned for update and told no issue and matter will be closed , after all this time and reported faults reconised by vodafone. Even arranged for vodafone manager to call at property for it to be cancelled last minute for further tests to be carried out which i happly obliged to do on 11th sept. and awaited update . Called today for update to be told No issue now and speed test by ookla and cityfibre speed testing are faulty so i asked for it writing cant do but case now remaining open. 

IS ANYBODY ELSE STILL HAVING ISSUES ?

Try sending this person an email regarding the issues and your lack of resolution, and see if that changes anything.

Vodafone UK's chief executive Nick Jeffery can be contacted via [Removed]

(wont let me put in the email address properly)

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines]