Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Terrible speeds

mikenlfc86
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Is anyone else experiencing terrible speeds both download and upload? I am paying for 70mps and currently recieving less than 1mbps on some tests. I contacted vodafone and there is nothing with my line as i am getting max speed to my router. Terrible technical service and not the 1st time iv had an issue in my short 6 months here. I want out!

41 REPLIES 41

griffithsad
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm having the same problem, connection is good first thing in the morning and gets slower as the days goes on.

All vodafone technical support have done is confirm there is nothing wrong with my line. 

Exactly the same as me. Full speed this morning and  less then 1mbps as we speak. I have the test results to prove it and they tell me my line is fine also...iv lodge a complaint

Same issue here..

For the past 6 months I have had no issues but the past 4/5 days have been awful. At peak times my speed will drop to less than 5mbps, if I check this in the morning I get around 70mbps which is correct. 

I have seen a number of people raise the same issue on twitter. I believe Vodafone are either throttling our connections to help with the load or there is just too much congestion on the lines which causes the issues at peak times. 

They need to resolve this ASAP or I will personally be leaving as the broadband is not even usable during peak times. 

Screenshot attached to show my speeds throughout today and it’s been the same the past couple of days. Fine in the morning and then slowly gets worse as we reach peak times. Issue is the same over Ethernet, clearly an issue  their side but when you speak to Vodafone they say there are no issues. 

think its a vodafone issue.. ive been in same boat for 2 days gone from 72 normaly down to 1 mbit up and 1 mbit down..been unusable.. i noly noticed when i payed for a fottball match on nowtv and it was unplayable

As if by magic my speed has gone backcto full. I already have a tp link router plugged in to my vodafone router as their wifi is so poor i had to buy a £50 extender. Absolutley embarrassing and iv put a complaint in to leave. Still waiting to hear back. Clear being throttled and i have the speed results to prove. Im paying £25 a month for this.

My speeds were back to normal this morning too.  

I don't have faith it'll stay that way tonight. 

Speed test is fine for me this morning but I'm sure that will change when we reach peak times and the congestion/throttlings kicks in.

I noticed that Simon from the VodafoneUK twitter account acknowledged that there is an issue and their engineers are working on.

https://imgur.com/a/bBTwgg5

There is a lack of communication and a clear problem.

Speeds seemed to have fixed itself today....was getting 72mbps up until about 5 mins ago and then bang 2mbps.

Good job i'm out of contract. 

Mine went down around 5pm. Posted on their twitter feed my speed lol