Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Terrible speeds

mikenlfc86
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Is anyone else experiencing terrible speeds both download and upload? I am paying for 70mps and currently recieving less than 1mbps on some tests. I contacted vodafone and there is nothing with my line as i am getting max speed to my router. Terrible technical service and not the 1st time iv had an issue in my short 6 months here. I want out!

41 REPLIES 41

Make another official complaint. The person i spoke to yesterday for the 4th time was not even a call back, she was replying to my complaint from 3 weeks ago. She said the operators can do [Removed] for you. She cancelled my contract there and then. Im now free. 3 complaints in 3 weeks iv put in. Nit pick at every detail. Not replying when they said they would etc etc, fob offs. They record everything so use it for you. Good luck and keep fighting! I felt like a detective gathering evidence against them and turned out i won! They still denied throttling my speeds btw

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

Have you got the link girl official complaint please ? I'm half thinking I've filled in wrong form as it's a week now and supposed to respond in 48 hours 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Ianl49 It's disappointing to hear you're having problems connecting to our Broadband service. I understand how frustrating this must be. If you'd like the Social team to look into this, pop us a private message through Facebook or Twitter.

If you'd prefer to raise a complaint about this, please use our online form here.

These speed issues were a few weeks ago....bank holiday weekend.  They have gone back to normal now. At that point there were alot of customers with speeds of 1 mbps in the evening and weekends.  Not once did Vodafone admit this was happening which is very very wrong....I have been promised call back after call back and not once has that happened? I filled a complaint form in which should have been responded to within 48 hours... still no reply from yourselves.. I have had a few responses on twitter but again got no where with that about my concerns with this joke of a company. 

I  was promised a call back from someone nearly 3 weeks ago with information on compensation and looking at how I can be realeased from my contract.. not happened again.

All this reach out to twitter or Facebook is completely wrong as your passing the book from 1 to another with no answer given. Nothing at all wrong with any lines or equipment just that for some reason you had a mass problem of speeds dropping to 1 mbps .

Any idea what caused such drop in speeds nationwide  ???????

Not being funny mate but the last people i would contact over a technical issue is the social team 😂.  Your also too late to offer help as if you took the time to read the thread i have been released from my contract free of charge. So basically proves you cannot fix your issues and filled me with a lot of lies. I have filed 3 complaints already. None which have been resolved but who cares i am not with your awful ISP anymore and i hope others take your rio off of a company on too. Please do not comment on this thread offering help you cannot follow through

Sorry is that directed at Vodafone or me ?

I have tried various ways of getting through to Vodafone and all fail to reply which is why going public on twitter made me think they may respond....they have then said I've failed security and then say go to a store to verify your identity...but if you call then a 4 digit code gets you through.....

I have spoke maybe 40-50 times with them on various issues since Jan. 

The last being few weeks back when alot had low speeds in evening. 

Exactly the same here. Joined in feb but i tend to use online chat and i always get fobbed off. Put an official comaint form in and still await. I want out of this contract its shameful. Mobile signals sound though. Attached picture is my last load of speed tests. As you can see theres a clear pattern

hetster
4: Newbie

yes same for me..back to normal.. it did this yesterday though and by divertime was down to 40 then tea time down to 20 and from 7 onwards barely 1 down / 1 up

robuk360
4: Newbie

Hi, glad I'm not the only one. Speeds through the day seem fine. Tonight I'm getting 6mb download on speedtest out of my usual 50ish.  I noticed this has been going on since Friday night.  I don't have Sky, virgin or a tv aerial, so only use Netflix and Amazon Prime.  Watching tv is a bit rubbish at the moment with these speeds and family surfing the net.  No word form Vodafone on this yet? 

Rob

griffithsad
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Line is connected at 56Mbps, get speeds close to that first thing in the morning but by the evening lucky to get 4Mbps.

Tried wireless and wired connections, rebooted, soft reset the router. 

Nothing helps. 

Noticed that the router is getting a few FEC corrections on upload. 

Please help